SuperCrew

Just picked it up

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just picked it up

Flew down to Greenville SC Friday and drove back a 2001 SCrew to NYC. 12 hour drive and it went very well. The truck was comfortable and drove great with the cruise set at 75. The car looks good but it needs a detailing inside and out. In have two questions that maybe I can get some advice here. On the back of the drivers seat (facing the rear) it looks as if a spring or some inside part of the seat is pushing outward. Are the covers easy to remove so that I can take a look at it? I also need to get a cover for the bed asap. I was leaning towards a hinged hard cover as it will suit my needs. Can anyone advise me to a dealer in the NYC tri state area? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Bobby A

Old 08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Welcome!

First, welcome to the site from Canyon Lake, Texas! Second, from what I remember the seats (my '02 S'crew has the 60/40 seat) have a "plastic strip" at the base which should allow you to check out what might be sticking out. As far as the "hard cover" goes, you are going to do better "locally", than I could help. Welcome, again & good luck!

Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 AM
The "spring" that you are asking about is the lumbar support and it is broken. Ford put cheap fasteners on the lumbar supports and they tend to break over time. Had mine replaced around 50K miles and then again around 95K. Screwy thing was that Ford tried to not pay for the second one by saying it was not covered under extended warranty, yet they replaced the first one under the extended warranty. Basically it looked like they were having problems with this part and just decided they did not want to cover it anymore. This is one reason I won't buy another Ford.

Old 08-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks

Thanks for the replies, I just ordered a Versacover for the bed. The spring part is kind of annoying. I pushed it in and it seemed to stay that way but when I checked it later it was back again. Down the road I would like to get a set of leather seats anyway for it.
Bobby A

Quick Reply: Just picked it up