SuperCrew

Intro - New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intro - New Guy

Just picked up my new 04 Supercrew FX4 Friday night (7/30/04). Loving it so far. I've always liked Fords, but a bad dealer experience 10 years ago made me swear off Fords. In retrospect, I shoulda swore off the dealer not Ford, but I'm older and wiser now.

I traded in an '04 Chevy Avalanche and don't regret it a bit. I had the Av two months and another Av for only two months before that. I'd never truly been a Chevy man so I listened to my Dad and went back to Ford. Although my wife has an '03 Trailblazer that we love.

When I saw the black interior of this Ford with the chrome console shifter, my heart melted. Rest of the truck looked just as good, especially the wheels. All I got to do now is decide which spray in liner to go with and get back to owning the same vehicle 5-7 years.LOL

Hope to contribute here!
Brad

Old 08-04-2004, 09:41 AM
CONGRADS ON NEW SCREW!
The new ones are really nice
Good luck!

Old 08-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Thumbs up

Its good to have you back....I heard less than good stuff about that model GMC...I love my Lariat and wish you good stuff on you enjoying your rig...have a nanner...oh have 2....

Old 08-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Welcome ! Good luck with your new ride.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Old 08-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Welcome!

Hi y'all! Welcome to the site! I drove Chevies most of my life, until they quit making the truck I needed or could afford. I bought the PSD over the Duramax (good move) to pull a 33ft. 5th wheel trailer. Sold the 5th wheel and GM didn't make a Crew Cab light enough to pull behind my motor home. Hello '02 S'crew! I've towed it over 10,000 miles and driven it over 45,000 miles since Feb. '03. You won't regret the move back to Ford. Welcome, again!

Old 08-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes.

My Dad AND Stepdad were both die hard chevy guys whiles I was growing up and thru most of my adulthood. I always pulled more towards Ford. In about 2002 both got fed up with Chevy/GMC and went to Ford, both are happy.

I noticed a few people's problems with the f-150's. Honestly there's not a make or model out there that doesn't have a few. The difference is that for the most part, Ford's problems are more annoyances. I'd want them fixed, don't get me wrong. Chevy OTOH has some serious safety issues. The Avalanche is probably the worst. Moreso than the Silverados. I just hate the looks of the Silverado. Not an option. Rumor has it that 2005 is the last year of the Avalanche, could be a rumor though.

Brad

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2004, 11:28 PM
I bought my '04 Supercrew in June (mid-Florida). The sun was out and the interiors of the trucks were EXTREMELY hot. I settled for the light tan in my Lariat thinking it wouldn't soak up the heat.

The only thing bad about a light colored interior is that they are hard to keep clean. It might have been nice to get a darker interior and just get the windows tinted.

Quick Reply: Intro - New Guy