SuperCrew

Brought 03 Screw in for Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Brought 03 Screw in for Service

Brought my truck back to dealer to get 3 things looked at.

1. Wet passenger side carpet due to A/C elbow being too short (or something) and draining condensate under my pass side carpet. Musty Musty

2 Power Steering Whine.

3. Tapping From Engine.

And how did they do. My verdict is in.

1 Repaired A/C problem. Ripped off padding from under carpet and replaced with much thinner padding. Underneath carpet was still damp and musty. Left truck again for they could let it air out and then treat it like they should have done the first time.

2. Blamed p/s whine on me replacing factory tires with 18" lighting tires and rims. Although noise was there from day one and I just replaced factory tires and rims a couple months ago.

3. Tapping blamed on tappits from injectors said to me normal. Ths noise still seems too loud to me. I can hear it 25 ft with the hood closed. Think Ill do my own trouble shooting on this.

Also the dealer noted on my paper work that some problem with the 4.6L cold start was not repaired due to me having a chip installed. Any one know about this problem or what the fix corrects.

Overall the dealer tapped danced there way out of fixing my problem and didnt even seem generally concerned about fixing it right the first time.

Old 09-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Could you post where and when your 03 was built? My 03 has not exhibited any of these problems so far and you got me worried.

Old 09-04-2003, 09:46 PM
There is a special service message out about engine noise (4.6) demand that the dealer run an OASIS on your truck for engine concerns.

Old 09-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've heard others talk about the tapping from the engine.

I have a buddy with a SuperDuty with the 5.4 and his taps like a **** on cold mornings... it's almost like someone's under the hood with tap shoes going to town....

He, too, was told it was normal. I just don't buy it.

RP

Old 09-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Power Steering Whine

There's a TSB on the 03 S'Crew power steering whine as well. Found it on the NHTSA site, it's TSB #031703. Only had my 03 S'Crew for about a month, but no problems so far.
Good luck!

Old 09-05-2003, 11:12 AM
That TSB is supposedly only for 2003 trucks built before Oct. 7, 2002. My truck had the whine, (before they fixed it) and was built in Sept.

http://www.blueovalnews.com/2003/tru...mp.t030501.htm

Quick Reply: Brought 03 Screw in for Service