SuperCrew

Anybody have problems with stock radio?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have problems with stock radio?

I have the 6 disc in dash cd changer and I just had to have it replaced ( the whole head unit.) Truck only has 467 miles on it.

I was having problems with a buzzing sound coming from the radio and the only way I could get it to stop was to turn the radio off. Well this morning when I turned it off and back on the radio didn't work and the display showed 'cd error'

I called Ford from work and took it over to the service department. When I started the truck I could get the cd's out, but I still didn't have any sound from the radio.

Still don't know what happened, but they replaced it with a unit from another truck and no problems so far.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this.

Jerry

Old 01-09-2003, 07:43 AM
no problems here

I have had no problems........but mine is in a box in the garage(see signature ) actually ohter than sub par sound I had no trouble before I took it out

Old 01-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Mine is a 2001 with "Premium" head unit (cassette with external changer). Every 4-6 months mine does the same thing, I just have to turn it off and then back on.

I do not have a prayer of re-producing it for service so when it dies I plan on just replacing it with a real unit.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Mine just heats my CDs up really toasty, then stops playing them. Takes a bit for it to cool off.
I can't wait to get a real head unit.
BTW, mine is just a single CD player, nothin fancy.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:01 AM
I believe this was a problem with the '01's. There is a TSB out from Ford on this issue. The newer units have a cooling fan blowing on the head unit. The problem is the ac/heater duct sits on or very close to the player and causes the cd unit to over heat with the heater on and senses moisture when the a/c is on. The cheap/stupid fix was to install a small fan on the unit instead of re-routing the ductwork.

Do search on this site and you will find some info...

Quick Reply: Anybody have problems with stock radio?