SuperCrew

F150 Store

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Store

Curious if anyone has purchased the Flowmaster exhaust from the F150online store.
Does it fit the SCrew? If so any thoughts on it?

Has anyone purchased the Xcelerator cat back? I am going to change the exhaust, but not sure which way to go. I have searched all the forums, but it gets a little confusing because everone does something a little different and like what they have

I have an '03 SCrew. I have heard that straight duals without mufflers works pretty well also. Any thoughts on sound/performance/price.

I would rather not spend ~$600 on a Borla system and I have read that the Gibsons aren't very loud. I am looking for performance and a really decent rumble at idle and throttle.

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 01-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a flowmaster 50 series cat back system and a K&N fipk intake. the exhaust is cat back 3.5" w/ a 4" tip
the 50 series is a bit louder than the 40 series that is offered by Flowmaster= more grumble, and a poppier, hotter sound with wide open throttle.
The intake also has redeeming aural qualities. when under wot you can definitely hear the suction of the intake= more flow.

Probably the least redeeming aspect of many of the exhaust systems out there (flowmaster included) is the fact that they are galvanized instead of stainless.
An option I did not go with was the "banks" exhaust. they are all stainless with a great reputation for performance.
If you want to hear the different tones available by Flowmaster, go to their site, they have demo's of each of their muffelers as well as the suggested models for you and your particular application

Quick Reply: F150 Store