Lightning Intercooler pump installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lightning Intercooler pump installed

I now have the Lightning pump installed on my Magnacharger. I had to buy a stock Lightning mounting bracket as well, the MC bracket will not work.
I removed the hobbs switch as the Lightning does not utilize one and the pumps are supposed to be engineered to run @ indefinately.
The pump looks superior to the original Jet-Flo pump. It was simple to install, makes no noise, no vibtation and no leaks!

I have a new Jet-Flo pump if anyone wants it. But I recommend spending the $200 bucks for the pump and the brackett or push Magnason for a Bosch pump! I think it's the answer!

Old 04-03-2002, 09:08 AM
Cool

*****, thanks for the post. That is where I am going next! Did you get the Lightning pump from Ford or by it online? I also like having my pump on all the time!

Old 04-03-2002, 09:14 AM
I have yet to find the pump online. I bought it from my local Ford dealer. It has a nasty list price on it but they like superchargers and I was able to swing a deal.

Also worth noting, they ran a product trace on the pump and told me that the service history on the Lightning pumps is next to none. Ford claims they have only ever replaced two under warranty. Good news if they speak truths!

Old 04-03-2002, 10:50 AM
***** - are all the fittings the same (hose size, etc) and where did you mount the pump- in the same place as the MC pump?

Ian

Old 04-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Hose size is the same and no trimming required. The mounting bracket is slighlty different but my truck already had the holes in the right places. They tell me the steel support for the radiator is the same on all F150/F250LD trucks.
Should be a bolt on end of story deal.

Old 04-04-2002, 10:15 PM
*****, Its great that we have this web site and guys like you who will share any and all the info they have to help.Is there any photos to be seen soon? Keep up the good work!
Boss Lariat

Old 04-05-2002, 07:24 AM
Sorry guys, no pictures. I know, I need a digital camera!

Quick Reply: Lightning Intercooler pump installed