ATI Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATI Procharger

I have a 99 F-150 with a 5.4 and I am looking into supercharging it. I really like the horsepower increase that ATI supercharged states for its SCs. But I went to a place and they told me those numbers were to much to put on a stock engine and that i would blow my motor. Is this true?

Also what are the dyno numbers for the ATI? Because i want a good increase in power if i am gonna spent big money.

Also are centrifical blowers not that good because they only spool up at high rpms?

Old 03-22-2002, 05:57 PM
There are a few here using the ATI that have said good things about it. I checked into the Procharger. I thought it sounded real good. I think it would be safe on your truck. I looked at the ATI and the Magnacharger. I ended up with the Magnacharger, mostly because I didn't see my self being able to reap the benifits of the ATI in my typical driving situations. I also liked that the Magnacharger uses the Eaton compressor.
Since installing the blower I have read of peoples experiances with the ATI. I am impressed. I wouldn't take the Magnacharger off, but I would like to be able to try the ATI. I will have to win the lottery so I can buy another truck.

Stick around. There is more info to come. Crash! has had good experiance with the ATI. I think he will be able to fill you in!

Have fun!
Tom

Old 03-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Crash-

What is the difference between the P-1SC and the D-1SC?

Old 03-26-2002, 10:29 PM
boost

I noticed the ATI comes with either the 8psi or 9psi boost. For stock engines, that seems like a lot. Can you run a centrifugal supercharger with higher boost? Because the unit is mounted on the side of the engine,does this mean that by the time the air reaches the intake and combustion chamber that the boost will slightly decrease? I suppose, however, that the intercooler will help too. I'm just guessing, but is this true?

Old 03-26-2002, 11:13 PM
The Procharger (P-1SC) is capable of 8 to 9 psi. This is more than the others are advertising. They say that the air to air intercooler will keep intake air temps something like 60% to 70% lower than non intercooled. It might seem like a lot for the stock engine but they say that tests have proven this system reliable. Yes you can run higher boost on a centrifugal. You would need to upgrade other componants to do that though.
I don't think that you would loose any pressure in the time it take the air to reach the combustion chamber. It just pressurizes the intake track. This actually seems like it would work well. You are forcing air into the TB, instead of sucking the air in (like a roots type).
I don't have the ATI. Actually I ended up going with the Magnacharger. I did check into the ATI. I thought it sounded real good but I wasn't sure I would be able to reap the benifits of 8 to 9 psi in my typical driving situations.
The more I hear about the ATI the more I am impressed by it. I am quite happy with the Magnacharger. I have become very qurious about the ATI as of late. I hope that some day (soon) I can get another truck to try the ATI out in.

Crash! shoud be able to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
Have fun!
Tom

Old 03-27-2002, 12:55 PM
oh yeah

moore boost on the way...

i thought you guys were doing a pulley swap to get 12 psi

Old 03-27-2002, 10:18 PM
i should call yuo

been mooooocho busy. Closing on house tommorroww...

Old 03-28-2002, 10:24 PM
Crash-

Thanks for all your input. I will probably get an ATI procharger when I have the money.

Just one last question
What is covered in ATIs 3 year warrenty?

Quick Reply: ATI Procharger