2014 5.0 V8 Roush SC error codes help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 5.0 V8 Roush SC error codes help

Hey Everyone,

New to the forums, new to owning a ford & new to owning a truck in general I am hooked and never going back to small car (unless its a very specific sports car or something)

I bought my 2014 f150 5.0 V8 truck not long ago and just a week ago, I supercharged it with the Roush phase 2. I had a local dealer install it as they deal with roush quite a bit.

I am currently losing my mind with these 2 error codes: P0171 & P0174. I know they are lean error codes but the dealer cannot figure out where they are coming from. Roush is also involved and waiting to hear back.

When I reset the codes I can hear the change of the engine and it runs much much better. The codes do not come back right away and actually come back randomly out of nowhere. I can cold start it and boom the codes pop up. I can reset and drive 75 miles, boom the codes pop up. I drive no faster than 40mph in my area for a bit, come to a stop and boom codes pop up.

I also have lost about 100 miles on a full tank. I used to get around 500 full tank, now im lucky to get 400. This normal?

Has anyone dealt with something like this? Any suggestions on what I can try? Could it just be the tune itself? I am thinking of just replacing the MAF sensor to rule that out. Keep in mind this all started after I supercharged it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

BTW I LOVE the power I have now haha!!!!!

Update 6/28: On Friday 6/25 I noticed that I had a condenser leak and have not used my AC since this. Not a single lean code since then! I have been told that the lean codes could not come from this but it is literally the only thing that changed. Not sure what else to think here but sure I'll take it.

Last edited by Dwro35; 06-28-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Assuming they updated PCM, ect. Those are vacuum leak related lean codes, i'd be checking lines, ect.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-11-2022, 07:20 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Shawn Cope
Assuming they updated PCM, ect. Those are vacuum leak related lean codes, i'd be checking lines, ect.
Check dates on posts before relying, that one was more than a year ago.

Pretty sure he's figured it out or moved on by now.

Quick Reply: 2014 5.0 V8 Roush SC error codes help