Fore Fuel Hat

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be bada** to have a 5.0 absolutely love those trucks my dad bought the Ecoboost and that truck stock has a lil pep to its step. Anyways I called JDM apparently they make a custom fuel hat for our trucks but its custom fabricated from a mustang fuel hat to fit for our trucks. After they had told me they used this hat on a similar 5.4 that was built and blown and making over 600whp with room to grow on the fuel setup I decided to pull the trigger on it. If anyone wants more info PM Jdm is trying to keep it "secret" because of the time it takes for them to make it but I dont want to leave anyone in the dark who are trying to make more power but are starving for fuel...

Old 04-04-2015, 10:14 AM
You need to contact RobertP. He has found a fuel hat assembly with a 400lph pump and an option for twin pumps. I believe it's built by Fore. He just installed the 400lph setup on his truck last night.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
You need to contact RobertP. He has found a fuel hat assembly with a 400lph pump and an option for twin pumps. I believe it's built by Fore. He just installed the 400lph setup on his truck last night.
Wish I would have known about this earlier but either way I have faith in JDM they make top of the line quality stuff. Very interested to hear about RobertP's setup and results though. Hopefully others will see this thread and be helped with fuel setups when wanting to push more boost. The nice thing about JDM's setup is its all plug n play pretty much like replacing a stock fuel pump no extra FPDM which is nice

Old 04-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kaisdaddy
Wish I would have known about this earlier but either way I have faith in JDM they make top of the line quality stuff. Very interested to hear about RobertP's setup and results though. Hopefully others will see this thread and be helped with fuel setups when wanting to push more boost. The nice thing about JDM's setup is its all plug n play pretty much like replacing a stock fuel pump no extra FPDM which is nice
So it's a single pump then?

Old 04-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
So it's a single pump then?
From what they told me on the phone which was about a month ago (cant recall too much of the conversation) but I think the person I was talking was saying they use the mustang fuel hat setup and modify it for our trucks so you have to give them your VIN so they can see what your wheelbase is and etc so they know exactly which gas tank you have so they can make it for the right fitment. I think he said it uses 2 pumps but runs off one FPDM they just have to tune it in. But again I'm not 100% but next time I talk to them or when I receive it in the mail I will let you know

Old 04-06-2015, 05:35 AM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was speaking with Nick@JDM about two weeks ago about an alternative to getting more fuel and he said they were trying to develop a fuel system (hat/pump, etc) for the F150 but he just said "trying". I told him I would even ship my truck out there for install ha. Maybe you are getting a prototype...

Old 04-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Twin: I looked over my email about the fuel system and Nick said its a dual pump system

MDK: Well from what he told me was they used this fuel setup on a built 5.4 like ours and said it made 630whp and the fuel setup had room to grow

Old 04-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
5.0 would be a nightmare. Tuning and wiring would be outrageous. The end result would be 1000 hours getting it all just to work together. Rafa had a hell of a time with a 5.4 dohc in his truck. I dunno if it ever ran right either.
Rafa's motor was / is a 3v. JDM race heads on it. Over size Manley valves and a big port job. Not bad for $2.5k.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ross-FX4
Rafa's motor was / is a 3v. JDM race heads on it. Over size Manley valves and a big port job. Not bad for $2.5k.
Honestly I think he ran a gt500 motor. Now I'm in need a fuel pump assembly.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Honestly I think he ran a gt500 motor. Now I'm in need a fuel pump assembly.
Yeah it was / is an 'Aluminator GT500' bottom end with 3v heads. I spoke to JDM about it lots. I based my blower set up on the one fitted to his truck.

Are you looking for a Fore Hat?

Old 05-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah it was / is an 'Aluminator GT500' bottom end with 3v heads. I spoke to JDM about it lots. I based my blower set up on the one fitted to his truck.

Are you looking for a Fore Hat?
I bought a 400lph setup like Robert good up to 650rwhp (supposedly). You selling a fore setup?

Old 05-10-2015, 07:13 PM
I bought a 400lph setup like Robert good up to 650rwhp (supposedly). You selling a fore setup?
Sounds like a good set up.

No I ain't selling the Fore Hat. Heck, it's so pretty it would make a nice ornament.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a good set up.

No I ain't selling the Fore Hat. Heck, it's so pretty it would make a nice ornament.
Yea I saw a picture of your fore fuel hat in your build thread. That thing is mighty purrrty lol

Old 05-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have also spoken with Jim Jr, at JDM about this setup. He said that it was a dual pump setup and thath you have to convert the fuel system to a return style system. My builder told me the same thing.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by 05 RoushTuscany
I have also spoken with Jim Jr, at JDM about this setup. He said that it was a dual pump setup and thath you have to convert the fuel system to a return style system. My builder told me the same thing.
What setup are you referring too? The Fore Fuel sytem myself and Ross have does not require any such thing. I personally run dual 255lph pumps and have the option for third. It is a returnless system with twin FPDM's.

The system RobertP and Irons1n are using is a new setup consisting of a single 400lph pump and maintains the returnless setup. Super inexpensive at around $225.00. It'll support 550-600rwhp.

Quick Reply: Fore Fuel Hat