CAI issue, after replacing the Roush airbox?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by widj
that's exactly what I need lol!

but I can't find any part anywhere, can you show me a few sites with this please?
I found the pieces on Ebay about 2 years ago. The parts may be a little scarce now. Good luck.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vid of my M112 on the Dyno.

http://vid127.photobucket.com/albums...0/IMG_0278.mp4

Is your set up louder than this?

The late Roush 108mm Airbox set up is far superior to any other kit. Panel filters flow better than cones.

The only reason Iam not using it on the Whipple is the transition between 95 and 108mm might give us idle issues.

Last edited by Ross-FX4; 08-30-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ross-FX4
Vid of my M112 on the Dyno.

http://vid127.photobucket.com/albums...0/IMG_0278.mp4

Is your set up louder than this?

The late Roush 108mm Airbox set up is far superior to any other kit. Panel filters flow better than cones.

The only reason Iam not using it on the Whipple is the transition between 95 and 108mm might give us idle issues.
I'm not sure if this was directed to me but I gotta say my set up is not much louder than the stock Roush air box though I don't really know how it would sound with the hood up doing dyno pulls.

I'll tell ya, I'll be more than happy to put the stock air box back on if someone like K&N would make an aftermarket filter for it.
K&N is 10miles away from me. I contacted them to see if they would be interested in making a filter for the Roush air box. They replied that there isn't enough of requests to make it. To which I replied, "But there is for a 72 MG Midget?"

Old 09-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by rojomas
I'm not sure if this was directed to me but I gotta say my set up is not much louder than the stock Roush air box though I don't really know how it would sound with the hood up doing dyno pulls.

I'll tell ya, I'll be more than happy to put the stock air box back on if someone like K&N would make an aftermarket filter for it.
K&N is 10miles away from me. I contacted them to see if they would be interested in making a filter for the Roush air box. They replied that there isn't enough of requests to make it. To which I replied, "But there is for a 72 MG Midget?"
An alternative filter would be nice. Or just a cheaper OEM.

I posted the vid as my head unit is a snake bite conversion with straight cut double drive gears, Max port and scilencer holes filled. Stock Airbox.

The point was : If you want it to scream like that then send it off to Stiggy.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 PM
An alternative filter would be nice. Or just a cheaper OEM.

I posted the vid as my head unit is a snake bite conversion with straight cut double drive gears, Max port and scilencer holes filled. Stock Airbox.

The point was : If you want it to scream like that then send it off to Stiggy.
how much did you pay stieg for all of that?

I just have supercharger and plenum ported and silencer holes filled.

I see there are options for snake bite and venom cooler

Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 PM
how much did you pay stieg for all of that?

I just have supercharger and plenum ported and silencer holes filled.

I see there are options for snake bite and venom cooler
I bought the kit off ebay for $1011 shipped already converted. (Neither me or the seller knew) I was a Mike Troyer special. It wasn't until I sent it off to Steiggy that he informed me it was a SB and had already been ported. So I gave him te go ahead to Vennom cool it, Port the TB and fill the scilencer holes.

The venom cooler was $350.

The head unit is loud! It's even loud during partial boost. The fact I run stock exhaust eliminates other sounds that could drowned it out.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:47 AM
I'm getting my engine built to handle up to 900HP if everything goes as planned in the next few weeks.

I wonder how much boost can we push on that little M112, and which upgrades should I do so it can support it, ie. venom cooler, snake bite.. any suggestion is appreciated, I already got twinscrew pov on this

Old 09-04-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm getting my engine built to handle up to 900HP if everything goes as planned in the next few weeks.

I wonder how much boost can we push on that little M112, and which upgrades should I do so it can support it, ie. venom cooler, snake bite.. any suggestion is appreciated, I already got twinscrew pov on this
Ha I can only imagine what Jason said.

Anyhow, the M112 can go upto 17'000rpm. Anymore then your gonna need light weight rotors bla bla.

Buy some coggs and be happy with whatever HP it dishes out.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
what's coggs

looks like there is no venom cooler for this version and snake bite isn't worth it

anybody has experience with nitrous? I may make the same torque 550hp, engine is built for 900 so I could get a nitrous kit but I don't want to go over 700hp

Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Ha I can only imagine what Jason said. Anyhow, the M112 can go upto 17'000rpm. Anymore then your gonna need light weight rotors bla bla. Buy some coggs and be happy with whatever HP it dishes out.
Haha. I was as supportive as can be. I encouraged him to talk to Steigmeier about the snake bite and venom kit. Upgrade the heat exchanger and that do to design limits the Eaton experiences demising returns past 14psi. The cooling mods will help with this but your still limited do to the intake neck between the throttle body and blower. Not gonna flow much air through that 75mm neck.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:43 PM
what's coggs

looks like there is no venom cooler for this version and snake bite isn't worth it

anybody has experience with nitrous? I may make the same torque 550hp, engine is built for 900 so I could get a nitrous kit but I don't want to go over 700hp
Cog setup is basically what they use on timing belts as its a no slip solution.

Very expensive but very awesome. https://www.google.com/search?q=cog+...x%3B1024%3B621

Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 AM
I have a Roush CAI Supercharger "Tube" only...no filter no brackets, just the Tube. I also have an Extra Supercharger with teh Boost Bypass mounted on it. All is in perfect shape. Willing to sell it. This from the Roush 2004-2008 Intercooled Kit. I had an extra laying around just in case.

jeffbanghart@***.net

Quick Reply: CAI issue, after replacing the Roush airbox?