04-08 5.4 ROUSH Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeffbang62
I suggest you "ditch" the boost bypass limiter and just use direct vacuum to hook up your bypass. JDM has a 3 page PDF with pics that shows you how to do it. Roush limits boost to like 6 PSI from factory. This mod eliminates that. Plus, you won't need to find all the bypass crap in the forums, let alone pay for the worthless stuff. If you email me jeffbanghart@***.net I can forward that PDF to you.

With the Factory Roush setup if you change pulley sizes it still limits your boost. That's the only function it serves. If you want 10 PSI you can't have it with the limiter in place.

All you do is run a vacuum line the from the back of intake (Use the port for it) to the FRPS and use a "T" to run a line to the Bypass port on the bypass. You can then use another "T" for your boost gauge from the same line. It is very clean, easy and simple. And it works.
there is a thread about how to do this

https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...psi-limit.html

Old 05-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by widj
there is a thread about how to do this

https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...psi-limit.html
Thanks, gonna read up on it tonight.

Originally Posted by Crash!
I personally would approach this installation as if you are not going to install this bypass controller at all. Nick at Roush does not think there are any other functions of this module, but I am awaiting a phone call to verify this. Please do not take the module out of the loop until I can post more. I am on the phone with JDM and Roush right now.

I would LIKE to go back to full manual control, and just give it a 3/16" manifold vacuum source.

No part sourcing, expense, and no tapping the EEC harness for electronic bypass control when we can do it mechanically (Air pressure over spring pressure). You all know I do not support splicing EEC harnesses or OEM vacuum lines.

Props to Nick at Roush Techline. He went above and beyond for us. All Roush owners or prospective customers are invited to contact Roush without hesitation if you have questions or concerns. Please note that if you are calling for more boost, power, or upgrades, let me or JDM know. Roush does not support the mods we make, as an OEM supplier. But JDM has the Roush experience we need here. And the CODES. Just wait...

800-597-6874 (59ROUSH)

If this is not a direct line, choose Roush Performance, and then 4 for Techline. I would talked to Nick, as he already knows about you 5 or 6 Roush owners modding right now, and your project trucks. Roush and JDM know EXACTLY what we are up to on these 04-08s!
Im waiting to see the final verdict on this, Im still reading through the ROUSH install instructions to determine EXACTLY what i have and what i don't, so i can source some parts from Ross, and hopeful CRASH can get a hit on the remaining items through his channels. I dont have the bypass box, that much i know, so hopefully this is a good fix, and one less headache i have sort out.

Bear with me guys, Im slammed at work and trying to educate myself as much as possible in my free time.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You got PM fella. Well its a start. Am open to dialog when it comes to a fellow 3v SC'ed bro.

I have a few bits and bobs that don't even warranty currency that I will throw in a box.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:31 AM
I'm in need of roushcharger parts

Hello I'm interested in purchasing parts for my 06 f150 5.4 HD awd. Please email me if you have parts for it like the bridge bracket, fan spacer, sc crank pulley, etc. Please help I been looking n nothing

Old 01-20-2019, 04:12 PM
Ok guys, here is another problem:
I have a 2006 F150 Harley Davidson Edition with the Roush Supercharger installed, it was this way when I purchased it used. The other day I had to go wide open throttle to pass a semi, and then immediately after that the engine started to sputter and have misfires. I had codes pulled: P0308, P0171, P0174, P0420, P0016, P0018, P0300, P0301. Things I have done: replaced the coil packs on cylinders 1 & 8, no change in engine performance; changed all plugs with Motorcraft 546, still no change in engine performance. I found a solenoid valve with no vacuum hose hooked to it (XL3Z-9H465-AA), but can’t seem to find what that controls and can’t find the hose for the top connection. My next step will be to do an engine flush befor changing out the VCT solenoids. I also have an appointment with Ford so they can give me a diagnosis. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-20-2022, 01:24 PM
Parts needed for 08 F150 roush SC conversion

Originally Posted by Ross-FX4
No worries. Just a few problems I encountered.

What parts do you need?
I need a lower crank pulley as the roush sc didn’t come with one they left it on the engine an sold the engine. So all I have is the SC lower intake manifold mid plate an intercooler high pressure fuel line an injector, throttle body, and roush pulley bracket with the tensioner on it an idle pulley. Is there anything one mike think in need. Oh yeah it also has the wastegate too.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:51 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by TyBoosah150
I need a lower crank pulley as the roush sc didn’t come with one they left it on the engine an sold the engine. So all I have is the SC lower intake manifold mid plate an intercooler high pressure fuel line an injector, throttle body, and roush pulley bracket with the tensioner on it an idle pulley. Is there anything one mike think in need. Oh yeah it also has the wastegate too.

a roush supercharger doesn’t have a wastegate

but then again 2015 wasn’t exactly just yesterday either, so good luck

Quick Reply: 04-08 5.4 ROUSH Install questions