something different

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
something different

So like most, i love cars trucks, just not enoght time in the day to do all i want.

this is my brothers car. we just unloaded it. Hawks in SC specializes in these cars and Bruce does incredible work. the paint is incredible. originally the conversionwas a 6 speed, brother desided he wanted an automatic so it went back. the auto make the car a pleasure to drive, the stick was a lot of work.

My Brother got this car new in 1989 when he was 16. we have done a lot to it, bolt-on, stroker, NO2..... car ran 12's on motor in 1992, in 1992 legit 12 second car was something. never ran a full no2 run but i ran a 12.2 @ 120 mph hitting the top of 2nd and all of 3rd with a 150 shot. there where no dynos or many tuners then so we just played with it. had a place make a custom tune and it ran no better than a hypertech chip.

so a while back he desided he wanted a magazine quality cars paint and all.

the details: Aluminum ls2, stroked to 402, trickflow heads, built 4L60 with a pi 2800 stall, mini tubed moser 9" with 3.73, giant brakes, custom rims. magnacharger 1900, the reason for the 1900 was the 2300 was going to require a different hood, he really liked the lines of the car and we desided that 625 rwhp was plenty. havent ran it but it has to be a 10 second car.
he cogged the real drive do the car has that blower whine.

had the motor built local in houston, went with "the guy" took forever, motor blew. took it back, he fixed. 1000 miles latter blew again, took it to the new guy so far so good. Gforce handled the motor install and they have been great to work with

i stink at taking picture, the car in person is incredible. he goes to a lot of stuff in houston, if you see him tell him his brother is an azzz

Last edited by BROTHERDAVE; 04-25-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
brother just got this one back and now he has another in the works.

he went to LS fest last year and several big time car guys feel in love. he meet a guy who i think owns schwartz chasis,, so he is now building a 1970 firebird, it will ride on that chasis with the motor and trans from a wrecked zl1 camaro. the body is currently in Dallas with a guy that specializes in the 2nd gen firebirds/ trans am.

got with a guy from herman design to design it.

classis story, i started out the older brother into cars, i liked to work on them, he liked to have them. he had the fastest car in school thanks to me.
now we are older. i probalby work to much and i like new cars that i dont have to work on, because all i do all day at work is work on our equipment. but i love helping him plan and make desicions.

he is gone today so i took delivery of the black car and lets just say the AARP crowd would not approve of how i just drove it

the black car with a 2300 blower would easily be in the 750 rwhp range.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Man that's awesome!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet!