F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Superchargers & Turbochargers (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers-77/)
-   -   Upgrade Questions (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers/496470-upgrade-questions.html)

corey4631 05-01-2014 08:05 PM

Well I have the 6lb pulley ordered along with a 20a boost a pump. I also have an appointment on the 13th of this month to dyno and tune it. I will be installing the pulley the day before I get it on the dyno and I am thinking I may just leave the boost a pump in the box and take it with. If the numbers point to needing it, I will just have them install it. If for by some crazy reason I do not need it, then I can just send it back.

Otherwise I could just install it, turn it down all the way and that would save me $100/hr in labor to install it.

corey4631 05-01-2014 08:16 PM

Crash, thanks so much for all of you help!!! I know you are not all that familiar with my system, but you have helped me to understand more about how every part of how my supercharger works with my engine and so forth. When I talked to the tuner at the place I am going, they do have quite a bit of experience with 04-08 Roush supercharged f150's. I should be in good hands!

I will update this post with pictures and videos of the tuning and graphs after everything is done.

I also want to thank Jeffbang62 for helping me out finding some parts I needed/wanted! :) It's nice to have someone who has/had the same set-up as myself and has already been through the whole process!

Thanks again EVERYONE for all your info and helpfulness!!!!!!

widj 05-01-2014 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by corey4631 (Post 5082969)
Well I have the 6lb pulley ordered along with a 20a boost a pump. I also have an appointment on the 13th of this month to dyno and tune it. I will be installing the pulley the day before I get it on the dyno and I am thinking I may just leave the boost a pump in the box and take it with. If the numbers point to needing it, I will just have them install it. If for by some crazy reason I do not need it, then I can just send it back.

Otherwise I could just install it, turn it down all the way and that would save me $100/hr in labor to install it.

I guarantee you that you will need a BAP with 6 lower 2.8 upper

corey4631 05-01-2014 09:42 PM

I will just install it the day before and turn it down all the way, or have them install it before it goes on the dyno. No big deal either way.

Since I am at it, do you think a pair of JBA shorty headers would be worth the 4-5 hundred bucks?? I know the stock manifolds on the 08's flow pretty good. Just a question.

twinskrewd 05-01-2014 09:49 PM

No. No benefit from the shorty headers. They don't flow any better then the factory manifolds.

twinskrewd 05-01-2014 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by corey4631 (Post 5082969)
Well I have the 6lb pulley ordered along with a 20a boost a pump. I also have an appointment on the 13th of this month to dyno and tune it. I will be installing the pulley the day before I get it on the dyno

I could just install it, turn it down all the way and that would save me $100/hr in labor to install it.

Quoted and edited your post for best plan :beers:
Go with it! Drive easy to the dyno so no issues. Can't wait to see your results.

corey4631 05-01-2014 10:44 PM

Thanks again guys!!!

jeffbang62 05-02-2014 06:24 AM

Corey: That lower pulley you have turns in the opposite direction to remove it. I remember hitting my allen bolt with a 1/2 impact forever and didn't need to. remove the 3 or 4 bolts on the cage and unscrew the pulley (reverse threads). I could do mine with my hands. The newer system you are buying (metco) is much better. Make sure you reuse the washers with the metco bolts or else the bolts are long enough that they screw into the block and the pulley won't turn. I left off the washers and mine rubbed badly. I figured it out right away though.

Agree with Jason: shorty headers don't provide much and they are very hard to install. I have OBX Long Tubes and they are great but were quite a challenge to install.

corey4631 05-02-2014 05:51 PM

My exhaust system sounds pretty good the way it is now, so I do not really want to do anything with it right now. Down the road, maybe long tubes and true dual 2.5" with mandrel bends.

I know this pulley install should go pretty smoothly, but I couldn't seem to find any videos anywhere or write up with pictures and step by step on how to do with with an 04-08. Maybe I missed something, but if anyone knows of one please share. :)

corey4631 05-02-2014 09:15 PM

:) :)

corey4631 05-03-2014 08:03 PM

Would a meth injection system be beneficial in my case? If I were to get one, I would have it set up to just run at WOT! My tuner has a lot of experience with these setups so I am not worried about getting it tuned correctly. There are a million other things I could do to my truck, but for about $350, a meth setup seems like a pretty good idea to me. Like I said, it would ONLY be set to run at WOT! I would just get a tune for "daily driving" and a MAX performance one with the meth running?

SOOOO MANY THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :think:

stoffer 05-05-2014 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by corey4631 (Post 5083427)
Would a meth injection system be beneficial in my case? If I were to get one, I would have it set up to just run at WOT! My tuner has a lot of experience with these setups so I am not worried about getting it tuned correctly. There are a million other things I could do to my truck, but for about $350, a meth setup seems like a pretty good idea to me. Like I said, it would ONLY be set to run at WOT! I would just get a tune for "daily driving" and a MAX performance one with the meth running?

SOOOO MANY THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :think:

water/meth is never a bad thing until you spray it pre-rotors that are coated...

corey4631 05-05-2014 06:32 PM

I thought if you sprayed meth pre throttle body, it isnt a bad thing? Otherwise even it is after the throttle body, it would still go through the supercharger first before going to the engine. Where would be an appropriate place to inject meth then?

I do like the Snow Performance set-ups as I have read a lot of good things about them. Would a stage 1 kit be good enough if I decided to go this route? http://www.snowperformance.net/stage...st-cooler.html