F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Superchargers & Turbochargers (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers-77/)
-   -   Upgrade Questions (https://www.f150online.com/forums/superchargers-turbochargers/496470-upgrade-questions.html)

corey4631 04-24-2014 07:26 PM

This pump doesn't even look like the pumps that are OEM for my truck. I would imagine this pump just has a housing that encloses everything. Honestly the pump seems pretty small for what I figured it would be. I just don't want to end up running out of fuel when my gauge still says quarter full or something.

corey4631 04-25-2014 06:07 PM

Crash, yes I am going to be using this pump. I was planning on trying to install it tomorrow, but now reading what you wrote, I am a little nervous. Heck, I guess I can always try it out and see how it runs the way it is. Worse comes to worse, I can just install the old one. I wasn't planning on installing the new underdrive pulley until right before I take it to get tuned. I will have to call the tuner and see if he can look into this issue a little more to see if he even could tune it with this pump.

Maybe I should have just gone with the Boost-A-Pump until there is something better out there. I really don't want to spend $1,500 on a fuel pump system! lol

raider 04-25-2014 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crash! (Post 5081590)
You are running 39# injectors right?

You don't know this and your trying to tell him what pump to run?

widj 04-25-2014 11:04 PM

this whole fuel pump issue is too tricky for these trucks at the point where I'm giving up trying to squeeze more power out of these F150 as there is no reasonably priced and certified fuel pump. I can't seem to find anybody that has been successful in using a good hi flow fuel pump, and that includes JDM and Troyer.

I have a BAP and I'm not proud about it, sometimes I can feel like the BAP isn't kicking in and I can hear the engine making a weird noise.

that BAP is really a patch, not a viable solution if you want high power and floor it often.

That twin fuel pump from JDM @ $1500 so far is the only working way to go.

my plan for now is to reduce my boost level and put in some cams to get a better exhaust sound in order to compensate for the limit in power :p

stoffer 04-25-2014 11:32 PM

Larger injectors may also need to come into play if you're spinning at higher rpms

corey4631 04-26-2014 12:41 AM

OK, well here is an interesting question. How far do you think the stock fuel pump can take me? I already have the 2.80 upper. Could it handle a 4lb pulley or maybe a 6lb?? If I install one of these right before I get it tuned, I could always just see what happens on the dyno with all the numbers and go from there.

widj 04-26-2014 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by corey4631 (Post 5081632)
OK, well here is an interesting question. How far do you think the stock fuel pump can take me? I already have the 2.80 upper. Could it handle a 4lb pulley or maybe a 6lb?? If I install one of these right before I get it tuned, I could always just see what happens on the dyno with all the numbers and go from there.

I have the roush 1.85L blower and stiegemeier ported, I have LT headers, my truck started to get lean from 7-8PSI without the BAP
with the BAP I was able to get into the 11-12PSI and safer

my current setup is 4lbs lower, 2.8 upper, at WOT the dyno analog gauge is showing 11PSI, my internal AEM digital gauge is showing 13PSI

I can't get more boost, so no 6lbs lower for me