What is my truck worth?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is my truck worth?!?

I know I probably should have posted this in a different section, but I don't think anyone knows more about this topic than other people with the same kind of mods.

I am just trying to play it up below as I would put it in an add. I know it sounds EXTREMELY corny, but I am just trying to get any idea or what this thing would/could be worth. I am sure I have left out plenty of things that may be relivent, so let me know if I did or if you have any question. I was throwing around the idea of buying a 2011 Ecoboost and tinkering with a twin turbo setup.

2008 F150 Lariat Limited #2169 of 5000 (not that it probably matters)
Roush supercharged and inter-cooled 5.4L V8
95,000 miles with only 5,000 miles on a new built long block engine with forged pistons, rods, and crank shaft. Only part of the long block that was reused was the engine block itself.
This truck has a smaller supercharger pulley on top and duel electric fans.
Has three tunes from Troyer Performance along with tuner.
Has 2" leveling kit that sits on 22" Limited rims with NEW Nitto Terra Grapplers 305/45/22. Also comes with 22" chrome rims made by Roush that have Nitto 420S tires 275/45/22. Summer and winter setups.
4 door supercrew with two tone leather seats.
Navigation, moonroof, factory 10" subwoofer under rear seat, new reverse camera from new F150 installed into rear ford emblem on back tailgate and modded to have video come through nav screen.
Tri-coat paint that sparkles in the sun!
NO RUST, DINGS, OR DENTS!
Real head turner.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately mods like blowers do not increase a trucks value. You can blue book it and ask for a few grand over but really limits the people that will pay more money over truck value. There are some people looking for a modded truck but very few. You may be stuck with it for a while until the right person finds you.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Mods sometimes decrease the value unfortunately but at best the value is the same as stock. There have been many threads like this and I believe other folks have given the same answer. The best idea is to return it to as stock as possible and sell the parts you take off it to recover the loss. 99% of the market doesn't want a modified vehicle.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the insight. I guess I never really thought about what the majority of people want...lol I don't know if I could ever sell it anyways....I may be too attached at this point. Maybe I will just wait a year or two and then just buy a new truck instead of upgrading now.

Thanks guys!!!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:51 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by corey4631
Thanks for the insight. I guess I never really thought about what the majority of people want...lol I don't know if I could ever sell it anyways....I may be too attached at this point. Maybe I will just wait a year or two and then just buy a new truck instead of upgrading now.

Thanks guys!!!

you'll be disappointed in the lack of performance / potential from an ecoboost anyway

Quick Reply: What is my truck worth?!?