Iat question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those Areogauges can record from what I've which keeps you from needing to monitor many gauges. Monitoring mutiple functions is what data logging is for. Far more accurate then a glance with the human eye.

Gauges are cool and fun. Some are useful. I have the ones I have because I push the truck so hard. The EGT allows you to push it even further. Some can help with diagnostics. But outside of that they are just cool.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:01 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
or one could simply use the J&S safeguard aka "vampire" to pull timing before gauges can report issues, and before a driver has to react to gauges...

Old 12-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll admit I'm no expert on the 3v engines. But are your IAT temps 30+ degrees hotter while driving on the highway or while idling?

It's normal for IAT temps to be considerably higher than ambient during idle or very low speeds since there will be stagnant hot air in the intake manifold.

Also i'd also double check your numbers with a scan tool if that's possible on your generation truck. On my vehicle i moved my only IAT sensor to the manifold, so i can still pull data from OBD II. It seems pretty accurate.

If it's still hot - try diluting the antifreeze solution and add water wetter for a cheap fix. This is assuming the 3v uses a similar cooling system to the lightning haha. Be sure to consider cooler ambient temperatures down the road so you don't crack your cooling system etc. Per others recommendations aeroforce scan gauge or J&S safeguard would be a good investment.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That temp.is just cruising around. now it about 20 degrees higher. When I give it some gas it drops some. Since I found out it was wired wrong it runs ssooooooo much better.

I guess what really matters is wfo. I need to find out what the iat temp is wide open, compared to ambiet temp.

Last edited by Rambo274; 12-08-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Iat question