towing with supercharger or turbo, maybe???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ross-FX4
My comments where not aimed at you but I see you have risen to the occasion.

Run rings around me ha ha. What do you do for a living?
Is that so? Hmm interesting claim seeing as how me and Tarajermae were the only "two" that commented on your post and you said:
Iam honered to be in the presence of such SC expert excellence. Really they should literally place a special hat next to your Screen name.

I will direct him over here to be educated by you two 'Experts'
I believe you said "two" experts. So don't back down now and claim your comments were not directed at me. And as for a living I work my *** off. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Last edited by twinskrewd; 08-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Is that so? Hmm interesting claim seeing as how me and Tarajermae were the only "two" that commented on your post and you said:

I believe you said "two" experts. So don't back down now and claim your comments were not directed at me. And as for a living I work my *** off. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
Shoe salesman perhaps?

Maybe you sell insurance?

Pump gas at a service station?

Anyhow my comments were not directed at you but I see you are picking now.

And if you ain't in the trade then your hardly in a position to run circles around me pal!

Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Shoe salesman perhaps?

Maybe you sell insurance?

Pump gas at a service station?

Anyhow my comments were not directed at you but I see you are picking now.

And if you ain't in the trade then your hardly in a position to run circles around me pal!
LMAO! You crack me up. I have no idea what you are talking about or what your trade is. My comment about running circles around you was in regards to my truck being faster than yours. But since you are sooooo interested in what I do here it goes.

I'm a yacht builder by trade. But the market sucks. So I'm where the money is. Mold, asbestos, and lead paint removal. Also property damage, flood, fires etc. When I'm not running that business I work on yachts on the side for spending money and for fun I play with my truck and work on mine and my business partners 53' Hatteras Yacht.

So there it is. God I hope this date's over

To the OP I'm sorry your thread got crapped on. But getting back to the subject. Yes you most certainly can tow with an sc or tc. Some are in fact made for trucks to assist in towing. However most guys use them as a go fast mod. Thats what I did. As was stated earlier in the thread it is of upmost importance to notify your tuner of how you intend to use the truck so he can build tunes with this in mind and keep you safe and running strong.

Last edited by twinskrewd; 08-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I do decide to drop the $$$ on a SC what would be the best manufacturer to go with??

Although today I did hear of a 2003 F350 CC SB, XLT 7.3L 4X4 with only 40000 miles and has never been driven in winter. It MAY be coming up for sale sometime before winter gets here as the current owner needs the storage area the truck takes up over the winter.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by PHS79
If I do decide to drop the $$$ on a SC what would be the best manufacturer to go with??

honestly, for what you are planning on doing a positive displacement or a wastegated centrufigal will be your best option.

IF it were my truck I'd lean towards a Whipple or a Roush kit, you also need to sit down with your tuner (a phone call helps also) talk to your tuner, see what supporting mods he/she/it recomends or will not tune without...

Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I'd jump on that F-350 in a heartbeat.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
LMAO! You crack me up. I have no idea what you are talking about or what your trade is. My comment about running circles around you was in regards to my truck being faster than yours. But since you are sooooo interested in what I do here it goes.

I'm a yacht builder by trade. But the market sucks. So I'm where the money is. Mold, asbestos, and lead paint removal. Also property damage, flood, fires etc. When I'm not running that business I work on yachts on the side for spending money and for fun I play with my truck and work on mine and my business partners 53' Hatteras Yacht.

So there it is. God I hope this date's over
Kinda intesting! Never can tell what a person does for a living based on their trucks I guess.

I dont see why people try to throw the "how much money do you make" argument out there. I'm not rich by any means. I'm an auto tech and the wife is a teacher. If I wasnt a mechanic I couldnt afford to buy mods and pay someone to install them for me. However I dont see how the thickness of ones wallet makes them any better then anyone else when it comes to mechanical things. Often the "rich" people I know are the ones most taken advantage of at performance shops.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Kinda intesting! Never can tell what a person does for a living based on their trucks I guess.

I dont see why people try to throw the "how much money do you make" argument out there. I'm not rich by any means. I'm an auto tech and the wife is a teacher. If I wasnt a mechanic I couldnt afford to buy mods and pay someone to install them for me. However I dont see how the thickness of ones wallet makes them any better then anyone else when it comes to mechanical things. Often the "rich" people I know are the ones most taken advantage of at performance shops.
Same here. I could never afford to have someone install the mods. Heck most of the stuff I have I lucked out on and got it for half price. I work pretty much non stop. In fact last year I worked every day except for the time I was at Troyers shop. That was my vacation lol. Cut back some this year but I don't have a wife or kids so the money goes in the truck.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you go to the ford website and look at new truck, look at towing specification and see what a rear end ratio does to capability.

I would re-gear it.

be honest with yourself about what it is going to cost to purchase a system, install it, then get it tuned on a dyno. then be honest that the trans will now be the week link. to me the s/c is not he best choice on an 8 year old truck that is pushing the limit pulling 7,500 pounds. also think of safety. do you really want to load a 1/2 ton truck with the familey, add more power so you can go a little faster and really be pushing the limits of the truck?

a rear gear will put less strain on the trans and the engine. mpg around town should stay the same and hwy mpg will suffer a little.

for me i would be looking at a 3/4 ton either used or maybe a new one with a 6.2 gas engine.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Same here. I could never afford to have someone install the mods. Heck most of the stuff I have I lucked out on and got it for half price. I work pretty much non stop. In fact last year I worked every day except for the time I was at Troyers shop. That was my vacation lol. Cut back some this year but I don't have a wife or kids so the money goes in the truck.
It is much easier to be single with a modding addiction

Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N

You mean you people on this forum don't sleep on a mattress full of Benjamins? What kind of peasants are y'all?

I sprinkle diamonds on my food to make my dookie twinkle.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Cut back some this year but I don't have a wife or kids so the money goes in the truck.
So that's why you have all this time to play with your truck...

If I get to start my truck once every other month it's a miracle

Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
You mean you people on this forum don't sleep on a mattress full of Benjamins? What kind of peasants are y'all?

I sprinkle diamonds on my food to make my dookie twinkle.
If you are ever in Mesa Arizona I have a toilet you may destroy if you need to dookie. However, what ever dookie enters the toilet is mine to keep

Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd jump on that F-350 in a heartbeat.
I talked with the owner on Wednesday, he is selling a 03 F350... Unfortunately the one that he is selling has the 6.0L and 160,000 or so miles. The 03 with the 7.3L is not for sale at this time. He is a well driller and now has 6 7.3L F350,450,550s and was going to buy a 7th on Friday, he has 2 6.0L and is selling both of them.

My F150 does tow the camper pretty good, but I am just looking for power when it gets to the hills and also when passing someone.

This week I will try and call to get a price for re-gearing the truck. I am thinking 4.56's may be a little too deep for highway running, I may see if I can get something in the 4.30 range.

Thanks for the input guys!!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Here's a chart that may help you in making a decision on your gears. This chart is based on a one to one ratio which is where our trucks are in 3rd gear. You can compare where your combination of tires and gears have you now and where you want to be.

Quick Reply: towing with supercharger or turbo, maybe???