couple front mount turbo questions, headers forward/ diesel piping?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple front mount turbo questions, headers forward/ diesel piping?

Hey guy I am putting together a few different plane for a front mounted turbo f150. Looking at a 70mm turbo stock internals low boost

Can I do a reverse header install like you can on some gm's? just swap the manifolds and put them reverse to a front turbo

or can I take the piping off of a wrecked f250 turbo diesel? and install straight forward?

thanks guys for any info will prob be doing tube myself in house so I'll by the parts from a friend with a mandrel bender and do the mig welding here sounds cheap hell yeah

Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
since a turbo diesel F-250 has a completely different motor how would the parts be a direct bolt in???

talk to travis at spyder turbo's, $4200 installed with all the supporting mods

Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM
You can swap the factory manifolds but you might need a 4.6L GT's for the passenger side. I was thinking about the same on my 5.4L when I was putting the headers on and the driver's side manifold will not work on the passenger side. Friend who built a turbo kit for his TA ran into the same issue and had to use a Chevy truck manifold for his setup. Works perfectly well for DIY kits, don't have near as many headaches dealing with exhaust leaks on OEM manifolds, and they will support over 600hp.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
since a turbo diesel F-250 has a completely different motor how would the parts be a direct bolt in???

talk to travis at spyder turbo's, $4200 installed with all the supporting mods

yeah that's just outrageous to pay that much for someone who can fab everything....

Old 06-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by justjames80
You can swap the factory manifolds but you might need a 4.6L GT's for the passenger side. I was thinking about the same on my 5.4L when I was putting the headers on and the driver's side manifold will not work on the passenger side. Friend who built a turbo kit for his TA ran into the same issue and had to use a Chevy truck manifold for his setup. Works perfectly well for DIY kits, don't have near as many headaches dealing with exhaust leaks on OEM manifolds, and they will support over 600hp.
hell yeah for the chevy ls1's you have to use the truck manifolds, I may try and get some 4.6 manifolds God knows my friends have them just laying around piping would be a breeze

Quick Reply: couple front mount turbo questions, headers forward/ diesel piping?