Strange Noise from my Alternator?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange Noise from my Alternator?

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...rent=Whine.flv

new pics of the completed setup. its up n driving. has some drive ability issues to be resolved with the tune. lol doesn't like return to idle. it likes to stall out n die. but i dropped it off and it will be tuned tomorrow! i could run it to about 3800 @4psi and then anymore an it would rattle a bit so i let out. it has a 93 N/A tune on it so its got 27degree of timing in it.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
looks pimp, sounds killer, can't wait to ride in it

Old 12-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice. It looks like you have so much space to work with??
I'm not sure about reducing down the bypass hose. It should 1 1/2" to the back of the blower with your draw though maf.
Enjoy!

Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
Nice. It looks like you have so much space to work with??
I'm not sure about reducing down the bypass hose. It should 1 1/2" to the back of the blower with your draw though maf.
Enjoy!
yeh its a temp fix. i told my tuner id he finds a problem with it he can fix it. cause i dont have a fitting that will thread into the BOV. i went to lowes and found the quickest solution. and the ID is only 1" on the Greddy Type S BOV its reduced down to 5/8" hose.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds pretty good!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That hose will cause compressor surge and that will lead to premature failure. I would change it ASAP. I would also move the metal inlet tube with the fittings for the IAC and bypass valve to a location further away from the MAF. I would also reroute the Bypass valve directly to the inlet tubing after the MAF. When you let go of the gas the IAT valve is normally wide open. The PCM has to close it to maintain idle. It is not calibrated to do so with the excess pressure coming off the bypass valve. Do you have the Procharger install instruction booklet?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by JMC
That hose will cause compressor surge and that will lead to premature failure. I would change it ASAP. I would also move the metal inlet tube with the fittings for the IAC and bypass valve to a location further away from the MAF. I would also reroute the Bypass valve directly to the inlet tubing after the MAF. When you let go of the gas the IAT valve is normally wide open. The PCM has to close it to maintain idle. It is not calibrated to do so with the excess pressure coming off the bypass valve. Do you have the Procharger install instruction booklet?
yep i got the book. but the intake it came with i sold to tarajereme because i didnt like it. and yes the bypass is going to be moved that was temporary like i said not a permanent fix. it actually didnt change anything. i still have idle surge. but my tuner is fixing that issue with return to idle it liked to die. i had it dumping to atmosphere before so i plumbed it in didnt change a thing.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM
just got off the phone. he thinks the spring is weak in my IAC and causing my idle surge issues. he closed the bypass hose off and it didnt change anything. but other then that it pulls pretty strong up to 3800rpm@5psi 12-13timing. hes gonna try to get the idle problem fixed tonight. and will work on the intake tomorrow and then put the truck on the wide band to get the fuel trims set.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
got to love that whistle, be sure you show your n/a sheet with the procharged sheet for comparrison of the before and after

wait till you you drop the new motor in and then toss some boost at it

Old 12-23-2008, 08:44 PM
well got a call today found out my problem the MAF is to close to the inlet on the supercharger causing to much turbulence which makes the idle return flake out. but also my MAF was Maxed out when i was n/a and i didnt know it cause i never got on it that much. with no boost at 3200rpm which is when my stall is out of its range the MAF maxes out. his cell phone sux so i got bits and pieces, he said it made 267 i think hp at that rpm with no boost it was at 0 and this was a 2nd gear pull on a mustang dyno with a 4500lb load set for my truck. ive got a bigger maf at the house just gotta get it to him and we have to make a different intake for it to move the MAF further away likely will set behind the radiator. its a 90mm C&L off of a KB cobra that was going back to stock.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:27 AM

talk to Justin at VMP about getting that flange and wiring adapter he uses to run the '04 and newer slot style MAF as a blow thru you'll have better driveablility and then your truck can sneeze

Old 12-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^^^ I agree, blow through is all around easier. Phot of Pmas 30-t:

Old 12-24-2008, 01:40 PM
yeh ill go to a blow through if i go turbo. well see how it all pans out. ill have time to work on it over 2 week vacation.!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:26 AM

you able to run it hard yet?

Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
you able to run it hard yet?
nope neals been pretty busy trying to catch up from stuff over the holidays. hes got a motor to build and alot of money invested in it at the moment that he wont get back till its done and running. so that takes priority as it should. lol so im having to be patient and wait on him to call me when hes got time to work on my truck.

Quick Reply: Strange Noise from my Alternator?