gto rid of the ford

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by built54

Check the first post. This thread is about a SRT-10. If you dont like what this post is about then leave or deal with the conversation. lol you dont even have a lightning so I dont see what your problem is

Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM

Old 07-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott1981

Check the first post. This thread is about a SRT-10. If you dont like what this post is about then leave or deal with the conversation. lol you dont even have a lightning so I dont see what your problem is
Its a Ford website. Not trying to start trouble man

Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Its a Ford website. Not trying to start trouble man
Agreed, you've got to think comments like the first post are going to get some attention and some bashing. This site is a little biased....

Old 07-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by brahmus
Agreed, you've got to think comments like the first post are going to get some attention and some bashing. This site is a little biased....
I realize that now. I would expect this if he came here after purchasing a Nissan or Toyota. After a couple calm discussions regarding Ford & Chevy in the General forum I figured Dodge could be discussed too without grief.
Live and learn

Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 PM
nope lol... Not saying you have it, but every dodge owner ive talked to is ****y, thinking their "hemi" is some bad stuff... well yea we wont go there. I just think he would get what he wants if he posted on that srt10 forum about selling the ford and joining their crown rather than telling ford people he sold it for a dodge.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Ford has taken a gaint leep backwards with the 5.4 3v, I agree thier and I have ranted enough on Ford of late, What kills any ultra high performance h/p with the 5.4 is the automatic, but this helps the truck tow better, so they say.

The viper engine is a animal, no aurgument thier, Ford has nothing current to match it, my 5.7 hemi 6 sp is as strong as the v/10 6sp from Ford, but I;m not a truck racer, I need the torque for hauling towing.

Perhaps Ford is putting thier performnace asperations into the new 6.4 power stroke and has lost interest in playing in the high performnace 1/2 ton market
hmm Im going to have to disagree with you 100%. The automatic in the fords are very good. Look at the lightnings, 8.75 in the 1/4 for a lightning and a 4r100, 9's and 10's are very common, theres no argument for the auto trannys.
Ford has nothing to match it??? u kiddin? do some research. If you are talking about the 1/2 ton trucks only then you are correct.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Suspended
nope lol... Not saying you have it, but every dodge owner ive talked to is ****y, thinking their "hemi" is some bad stuff... well yea we wont go there. I just think he would get what he wants if he posted on that srt10 forum about selling the ford and joining their crown rather than telling ford people he sold it for a dodge.
I dont have a Dodge, and Im not a hemi fan. But I am a fan of Domestic High performance trucks available off the lot. Sadly it looks like Dodge is the only ones doing this unless Ford does something to revive the lightning. I know they have that blown Harley edition coming out but that thing looks heavy

Old 07-06-2007, 05:16 PM
When Ford stopped making the lightning, they had nothing but luxury that out does all the others. Im sure they will come out with something soon, as long as they do away with that stupid little window on a single cab ill like it.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 PM
SRT What?

I've had more Fords in my life than I care to think about. Mostly because they just keep getting better. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a couple of other brands also. The only Dodge I ever thought was worth a s___ was a 69 or 70 Power wagon that some folks I worked for in Laos gave us to get around in. As far as SRT10 vs L's. SRT"s don't stand much of a chance from what I've seen. Raced a couple and they weren't that fast. A good looking L gets my attention quicker than any Dodge or Chevy ever will. Most of the folks I hang out with have 10 and 11 sec trucks. I'm the slow one low 12's. Haven't seen a Dodge break into the low 12's yet and believe me, I've tried. Face it , most L' are modded and have more power, less weight and go faster. Ford's Forever

Old 07-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I dont have a Dodge, and Im not a hemi fan. But I am a fan of Domestic High performance trucks available off the lot. Sadly it looks like Dodge is the only ones doing this unless Ford does something to revive the lightning. I know they have that blown Harley edition coming out but that thing looks heavy

Pretty sure they no longer make the SRT-10s so sadly the Toyota is probably the fastest 1/2 ton on the market now and its not even a performance based truck. Ford has the blown harley now but its pretty pathetic without any mods. I have a feeling we can expect something from Ford in a couple years but who knows.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Black3v
Pretty sure they no longer make the SRT-10s so sadly the Toyota is probably the fastest 1/2 ton on the market now and its not even a performance based truck. Ford has the blown harley now but its pretty pathetic without any mods. I have a feeling we can expect something from Ford in a couple years but who knows.
Even though the ford trucks may not be the fastest, they sure are the nicest.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
As of now I think Dodge is only making the quad cab SRT10 going forward.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Suspended
Your right. Upon checking the Dodge site cant find the SRT anywhere. My friend was test driving and working on a deal for the auto 4 door model end of last year, ended up knocking up his wife and now cant spend a dime. Looks like his ship sailed.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yup they stopped making SRT10's in 06.I saw a leftover 06 on a dealers lot this morning.I haven't seen one in quite a while and it was right next to the Ford dealership so I stopped to look at it.I've never been a fan of Dodges but this black one is a good looking truck.

Quick Reply: gto rid of the ford