Anyone tow anything with a supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tow anything with a supercharger?

I am going to buy a toy hauler and have always been interested in getting a supercharger so I can have a little more power on the street. Just wondered if anyone with a supercharger uses their truck to tow anything heavy. Thanks for any advice/responses.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:37 AM
7,000 lb boat/trailer/gear combo.

Am about to buy a mid-20 foot toy hauler to pull a couple of quads.
Tows great. Much better than stock.

I've also got 4.10 gears.
Huge improvement over the 3.31 stock gears.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 AM
YES! Roots or twinscrew would be your best bet as they provide more torque down low as compared to the cents.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
towing was the main reason i put the supercharger on my truck, havent got a chance to tow with it yet as it took some time to get my tune right but from the way it performs it should be a big emprovement, i tow a 24 foot toy hauler that comes in at alittle over 8K loaded

Old 05-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I towed a 7,000lb utility trailer from Vegas to Alaska last May. The trip was 3350 miles and we made it in 3&1/2 days. I ran into a couple problems on the trip, the main issue being losing most of the power after the first 2500 miles or so. The problem was the quality of gas in Canada, and the lack of premium gas. I tried using STP and NOS brand octane boosters, but they are a joke. I ended up gumming up the spark plugs so bad that I was unable to get above 2500 RPM's, and less at times on steep inclines through the mountains.

The truck worked great at the get go. We were cruising through the Rockies in overdrive.

I also tow my boat around, although it is considerably lighter than the trailer, and I've filled the bed enough to make the tail sag pretty good. If I were to do it over though, I would of had my dyno tune geared a little more towards towing and not just performance.

Here's a few pics...

Old 05-25-2007, 07:13 PM
adt
I tow a 9000# boat & trailer combo. Been to CA. twice and once to Lake Havasu City with no problems at all, at least with the blower, trailer tires are another story. Before the blower, I couldn't pass on the highway from 65 mph. After the blower, no problem passing. And FYI, I'm using a centi. Don't let anyone tell that centri's won't help with towing. PD blowers will increase your low end torque, no doubt, but I was concerned about too much torque damaging my drive line considering I'm pulling close to 9000#. Not trying to win any races you know.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been known to tow a small trailer myself.

Quick Reply: Anyone tow anything with a supercharger?