Help! Fuel pump is dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Fuel pump is dead

Hi, I am hoping you guys can help me with an urgent problem. I have never posted here, but have used the search feature many times for help with my truck, or just to read up on things.

I have a 2000 F150 5.4l Xcab 4x4 off road. Only mods are K&N, torsion bars cranked and an extra leaf added.

The truck has 69k on it and the fuel pump died yesterday. The pump runs, but only puts out about 5-10 psi, and obviously the truck wont start.

The repair shop says the dealer and their parts supplier want nearly $300 for a new pump, with the parts supplier suggesting an ac delco part. The shop is where we get our cruisers fixed so I trust them.

I plan to supercharge the truck in the next year or so, and I've installed lots of superchargers on my mustangs over the years, so I dont want to put a stock crappy pump in now, only to replace it with a better one later. I only plan to run 5-6 psi and dont need dual pumps or race pumps, just a upgrade to the stock one, like maybe a 190 or 255lph

Where should I get it? Any ideas? I need to call the shop back soon.

Thanks,
Tim

Old 07-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for great products and customer service I would call or email Mike at

http://madenterprise.com/F150.htm

Old 07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raider
for great products and customer service I would call or email Mike at

http://madenterprise.com/F150.htm
Yes what he said^^^Get a 255 Bosh.You'll get a better pump and save some money from Mike.

Phil

Quick Reply: Help! Fuel pump is dead