Powerdyne CFM ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Powerdyne CFM ?

Does anyone know the CFM's for Powerdyne?
6, 7 1/2, 9 lbs would be helpful.

Thanx, Burns

Old 11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
O.K. - now I feel lonely.

I have decided to go with an air to air intercooler with my Powerdyne, and I need to know how large an intercooler I will need - by way of CFM ratings.
I will need to go with the 9lb number + a little more.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry no one came up with an answer, I did some searches and came up with nothing Powerdynes web sight has nothing, don't take this as gospel but somewhere I believe that I saw eithrer 900 or 1000cfm. Powerdyne makes a kit for the V10 Ford so it must have enough CFM to support that engine. If I might make a sugestion I would do some surching for a Vortech air/ water aftercooler on eBay they have some decent units on there at a reasonable price. The boost loss is far less and the plumbing is much simpler. It's easier to run 5/8 heater hose to the front of the truck than 3 inch exaust pipe. My vortech aftercooler at 10# of boost keeps the aircharge temp at 10 degree over ambient on an 85 degree day and at max boost only climbed to about 135 degree wher before it easaly hit 190 now in cool weather it stays at ambient temp. WLF and I both installed Vortechs and are very happy with the ease of instalation and the operation. If I can help with any questions or info feel free to email me. Iwill help in any way I can.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanx, as always for the info chucksbp.

I know you're right about the water cooling, and your set up is excellant.

I've committed to the air/air as I think it will be easier and possibly cheaper for me to install. The one I have coming is for a Mustang so size should be O.K.
I had an opportunity to talk to Mike about a baseline tune, etc, and he thought it would be o.k. with an aux e-fan - 12".
FYI - there is a company 928motorsports.com/services ( Porsche guys ) that upgrade the Powerdyne with air vents on the bearings,shimming, etc..... worth a look.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ONELOWF,
We have been aware of 928motorsports.com/services for some time now in our effort to obtain high speed bearings. The ones now available from Powerdyne should easily withstand 10-12 lbs boost (measured from the discharge of the blower) but I think that is probably the limit of safe boost for this belt driven Powerdyne. I have finally gotten things worked out since my engine rebuild and am hitting 10 lbs easily in first and it is a blast. That is measured from the intake so that is after any losses in the aftercooler system. The blower is now much more dependable with the bearing upgrades Powerdyne has made. I and Chucksbp both have x-tra bearings and belt on hand just in case.

I do not know what the CFM rating of the BD-11a is but if you get the CFM of any Cent blower for your size engine at 9 lbs they should be very similar. 9lbs is 9lbs.

Have fun with your project.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have talked to powerdyne in the past, it will flow 1000cfm and support around 500 crank hp max, but will fall off in the upper rpm's. BTW, we have a powedyne on out 93 flareside, so I have some experience with them.

Quick Reply: Powerdyne CFM ?