2000 5.4 wanting power

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My turbo only cost 350 shipped brand new. You can spend as much as you want, even 5000 bucks or more on a turbo. But if you look around you can find cheap ones just as good

Marlon

Old 03-08-2005, 06:11 PM
There have been several turbocharged AND supercharged diesels. My fire captain bro-in-law had one such engine in a pumper a few years back...

Such a setup would please just about EVERYONE in this thread.

No...wait...is that turbocharged and centrifugally supercharged, or is it turbocharged and twinscrew-supercharged...

At any rate, diesel is really intriguing these days. You've all seen that video of a lifted F350 4x4 running an 11.4 quarter (I have it but haven't seen it online in a while. Can someone host it?)...

Oh yeah, my daddy can beat up your daddy
OK, maybe not but he can call in an air strike if need be...

Old 03-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by fredman
My turbo only cost 350 shipped brand new. You can spend as much as you want, even 5000 bucks or more on a turbo. But if you look around you can find cheap ones just as good

Marlon
This is what Zturbo said as well. We discussed a very specific parts list. He said that I could make my own "kit" from parts from auto part stores and sources like ebay, including the turbo. The main part, I would have to have made, is the exhaust manifold. Zturbo was willing to help me put a kit together and I would buy one of his custom fabricated exhaust manifolds. He really emphasized the need to make the tubing and manifold a certain way and of a certain material for durability. He was very cool to deal with. Yet, I knew I was going to need an engine as well as a forced induction kit. Therefore, I did not stay in contact with him. I just checked his webpage and found this......

http://groups.msn.com/Zturbo/f150.ms...to&PhotoID=726

It appears that he made his F150 custom turbo kit!?!?! I wonder if Zturbo could make an F150 turbo kit with the ability to "bolt on" a second turbo? ........hmmm.....I wonder........haha!

Yeah, maybe Madenterprise and Zturbo could team up to create a single turbo system with a second turbo, bolt on upgrade for F150s AND the lightning supercharger assembly!?!

Last edited by iron horse; 03-08-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Crash!
Sure. A Master Power or EBay turbo, and an overall less efficient system.
How exactly does a Master Power turbo, or one bought off Ebay make a less effecient system? Thats pretty interesting, but I don't really understand it. My Master Power turbo has a 76% compressor effeciency, is that not good?

What if I bought a Garret or a Turbonetics off of Ebay, would that make it not as good as one that didn't come off Ebay?

Marlon

Old 03-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HI!... I don't care what turbo manufacturer you buy from, but to me, buying a USED turbo is like buying someone elses USED underware. I just won't do it. I'll buy new thankyou.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 PM
To Green_Fox and everyone eles,
I am sorry that you have to see public displays like this from a "supporting vendor". However, this is exactly the kind of postings that bring this forum down. There is a trend of Crash doing this before I ever came to these forums and well after. FYI, I tried to rise above the muck, but.....

Hey Crash,
YOU DO NOT EVEN OWN AN F150 ANYMORE!
In my personal opinion,
You gave up!
You never finished your own F150 projects!
You say your a vendor but never compete like REAL vendors do!
You say your a vendor but never raced another vendor truck!
You swear one kit is the best, only to change to another one before you finished the last project!
You say your a vendor but act like 15 year old punk!
You say your a vendor, but you try to attack the consumer!
You try to challenge a member/consumer to a race, when you as a vendor, should be racing the trucks that you think your faster than, but you never do!

I CHALLENGE YOU to race fellow vendors like JLP, or JDM or PSP. Better yet, why not show up at Lightning Fest and show everyone what your system can do......oh thats right, you do not have an F150 Truck, you sold it!!!!!!

Maybe YOU should re-consider how you post to fellow F150online members. I will continue to thrash your comments with ease, so long as you are allowed to post personal attacks. Now go bother someone eles and quit playing with fire, or your going to get burned.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Neal
HI!... I don't care what turbo manufacturer you buy from, but to me, buying a USED turbo is like buying someone elses USED underware. I just won't do it. I'll buy new thankyou.
I agree, I wouldn't buy used either. Mine was new in the box. Its not as big as a T-76 though, its only a T-61, but anything bigger than the T-61 is just TOO big for me and my 4.6 and what I want. I stay in the 76% effeciency range most of my RPM range. If I went bigger, it would be less effecient. So I got lucky and found a great turbo which was perfect for me at a great price.

Marlon

Old 03-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I agree, I wouldn't buy used either. Mine was new in the box. Its not as big as a T-76 though, its only a T-61, but anything bigger than the T-61 is just TOO big for me and my 4.6 and what I want. I stay in the 76% effeciency range most of my RPM range. If I went bigger, it would be less effecient. So I got lucky and found a great turbo which was perfect for me at a great price.

Marlon

HI!... Cool! I personally LUV E-BAY! I bought all my nitrous set-up from it ALL NEW. Saved over $1500(CAN). Just bought a $1050(CAN)brand new powerstroke intercooler for $175(U.S)!!!!!!! I'll most likely get both TIAL 50mm BOV and TIAL 46mm wastesgates (NEW) off E-BAY also

Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 PM
HI!... CRASH : I think you meant to address you last post to IRON HORSE not me??????

Old 03-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Crash,

Is that all you got? ha!

In my personal opinion, maybe if you had kept your F150 TRUCK instead of selling it to buy a CAR, and

Maybe if YOU would have completed the proper research and design on one of your systems AND then went out and actually ran it until all the bugs were worked out and

Maybe if YOU would have taken one of YOUR F150s, just one of them, and provided repeated proven track times as the project proceeded and

Maybe if YOU would have actually raced another modified. truck like a modified lightning with your built engine and whichever system you are hyping up this week or last, and

Maybe if YOU could have remained civil and professional like someone selling something should,

Just maybe you would have some credibility as a vendor.

Challenge me? Okay, provide for me at your cost, a built engine, built transmission, Whipple 3.3 adapter kit for the lightning assembly, the dyno tuning and chip and I will run you anytime anywhere! Really. We can even tape it for all to see. Win or lose. Provide those items to me at your cost and I will even bet you $100 bucks that I will win off the line, down the line and to the finish line!

........but then again, what would you run, since you sold your F150. But hey, all these years, you did not need to wait to race any of us as members/consumers, you could have been putting up or shutting up by racing other modified trucks, like a modified Lightning. But you never did.

What? Are you scared of modified Lightnings? Is that the real reason for selling your F150 truck? Is that the real reason for selling your F150 TRUCK and buying a CAR?

I got some news for ya, this is the F150 TRUCK forums, for F150 Truck owners, maybe you should head over to the CAR forums, since you do not own an F150 truck anymore and appear to be only "trolling" here.

Last edited by iron horse; 03-09-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Crash,

Seriously, I am not making fun of a serious illness at all. But, if you could keep your A.D.D. in balance, you would see, that you have misconstrued or can not comprehend just about all my statements, that you are basing your odd attacks on. You are also leaving out a lot of critical details as well. Really.

My statements "prove" that I was trying to get members to discuss the systems instead of the person. I often make statements to create topics of discussion. I often ask a question or pose a thought, that I already have an answer to. The fact that you still do not understand this after three years of replys only proves your ignorance or mental incapacity.

My challenge to YOU, still stands. No handicapp needed. Provide at your cost, a built 5.4 engine, built trans., 3.3 Whipple lightning system adapter kit and tuning, and I will race you anytime anywhere and I will bet you $100 bucks that I will beat YOU. Again, I do not know how you are going to race me, since you SOLD YOUR TRUCK to buy a car. But, if you ship those items to me, I will race YOU even in another F150 of your choosing. Really.

I think it would be better for all, if you do not respond or post directly to me or about me or comment on my postings or quote me in your postings and I will do the same. This is an F150 Truck site. I am proud to say that, I still own an F150 Truck and look forward to completing my projects no matter how long it takes, therefore I intend to be here. Thanks for your cooperation.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Talking

in defense of crash, you have to realize he is a business man in a business position, so it was of his best interest to get a mustang and develop the turbo kit for it. theres a ton of money to be made there.........

plus, what straight guy would keep a truck when he had the choice of getting a new 05 GT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 03-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Crash,

I proposed again, that we not post directly to each other or about each other. We are both wasting bandwidth. I asked you before this latest episode, to email me if you wanted to attack me. This is a big waste of time and energy for everyone.

I have my own views, opinions, and experiences, just like other members. I am going to express them as I see fit and will continue to do so in this forum . You are going to do the same. I strongly disagree with just about everything you state. You feel the same way. You think my comments have no credibility and I think you have no credibility as a vendor as well as a member, since you no longer own an F150.

From my viewpoint, it appears from your continuous replys that, you still are not understanding my postings. However, it will serve no productive purpose to explain in detail anymore. Again, I want to race you now. Send the parts (the 3.3 twinscrew is for the built engine) and lets race now. I do appreciate the civil tone of your latest postings. However, I prefer not to interact with you anymore. It is tiresome, boring, too negative and just no fun, from my standpoint. Again, please stop quoting me, posting directly to me, or about me in a public forum. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Crash,
I wasnt aware you were donating thousands of dollars worth of free upgrades to your competition(not the right word in this case, but it'll due).So at your convenience,please send me a built 5.4,a monsterbox,and a.....some slicks, for I too want to beat skids screw.
LMFAO!!!!!!!...

Oh! I use royal purple engine oil so dont forget to send some of that too.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:57 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Very interesting......
Iron Horse, you wrote;
I got some news for ya, this is the F150 TRUCK forums, for F150 Truck owners, maybe you should head over to the CAR forums, since you do not own an F150 truck anymore and appear to be only "trolling" here.
So if I sell/trade or otherwise get rid of my F-150 I should never post here? If that is the case then please clarify this for me. I swapped my 4.6 for a 5.4 so does that by assosciation mean that I can no longer post information about the 4.6?

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

PS. If that is the case it is still on a skid in my driveway so can I still post till the new owner picks it up?

Quick Reply: 2000 5.4 wanting power