F150 w/ 5.4, to supercharge or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 w/ 5.4, to supercharge or not?

Hey all, I am looking into getting rid of my trusty toyota 4x4 and finally moving to a full size. I need somthing with decent power to tow and a couple of friends with lightnings keep pushing me to get an f150. If I get one with the 5.4, my friend offered to give me his stock blower. I'd love to build a sleeper, I was just curious on what else I will need to do in order for it to bolt on, mainly computer, fuel system etc. Are there any differences from the svt's like compression ratios that I may need to consider?

Also, the same friend that offered me the stock blower just blew up his kenne bell and has been working on some sort of custom setup. He said that I could have the kenne bell if I wanted but it would need to be rebuilt. Im not sure I want/ need that much power, but is there any reason that one would work and not the other. I know with the KB I would definately want to upgrade a few things.

Thanks in advance, Daniel

Old 12-25-2004, 08:24 PM
yes there are differences like compression ration between the two motors. 8.4:1 vs The N/A 5.4. You will need more than the blower though contact Mike Dunn at Madenterprise.com and he can give you the 411 on this install.

Old 12-27-2004, 11:00 AM
There are several of us now that have done the Lightning supercharger and intercooler swap onto our non-L engines.
The install is intense, but do'able if you have some automotive experience.

Search the archives for some of my threads if you're interested in the history of my install.

-adam

Quick Reply: F150 w/ 5.4, to supercharge or not?