Finally eliminated belt slip on my Powerdyne

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:25 AM
WLF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ONELOWF,
I had to re-torque the driver’s side head gasket this weekend so I removed everything and then reassembled.
Everything came apart and then went back together just like it was suppose to. No belt slip either. The tensioner is working just like intended.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WLF-
I have the Procharger tensioner and sbChevy bracket in transit from ebay, and my original Powerdyne bracket to get started. I will, no doubt have more questions, when I have time to play with it.
I also plan to do an extra support bracket like chucks_bp while I have it apart.
Remember......" Imitation is the highest form of flattery."

Old 04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
WLF
The nice thing about having the bracket is you can use it to see if there is room to trace the pattern for the adjuster right on the Powerdyne bracket and then cut it out. I went above the bracket with mine as it didn't look like I had room for the adjuster if I kept it completely within the bracket. You'll see what I mean when you get it.
Have fun.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by WLF
The nice thing about having the bracket is you can use it to see if there is room to trace the pattern for the adjuster right on the Powerdyne bracket and then cut it out.
Now yer scarin me! I know you have an extra plate to practice on.... I don't.
I suppose a wooden template of the mounting plate will have to do. I will likely have issues with my new wrap around intake as well........

Old 04-10-2006, 12:52 PM
WLF
Once you have the tensioner in hand you can place it directly on the mounting plate and see where it needs to mount. I found it easier to drill the center hole about one inch from the top of the plate. That way I had room to get the adjuster working and did not have to cut the adjuster track into the plate.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm real interested in your Supercharger. I have a 05 F150 w/4.6 and it is weak. After the warranty runs out, want to give it some help and am interested in your mods. Any site than has any setup and tuning info would be appreciated. Very cool ride. BTW, reading your posts about belt slippage, have you tried Gates belts? That belt looks like a Dayco and I have had lots of trouble with Dayco belts at my shop (streching and whatnot). We only use Gates belts and have had good luck with them.

Last edited by mech259; 04-11-2006 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Ttop

Quick Reply: Finally eliminated belt slip on my Powerdyne