you new turbo f150's already have competition *vid*

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly brotherdave.

To spin a KB or Eaton to achieve that boost levels the blower is sucking up somewhere in the ballpark of 80hp alone. Well a turbo to make that same boost level would only be sucking up around 10hp.

Turbo's would kill the twin screw and this IS fact however the Lightning owners are no pun intended ignorant and think the twinscrew is the best thing out there since bottled beer.

Old 06-07-2004, 12:06 PM
now that we have that settled...

what do i have to do to get an invite to your lightning event. i only live a few hours from topeka and would love to come down and play

Old 06-07-2004, 12:08 PM
I do not think I have articulated my point very well...........

I am one of the main members in this forum that advocates for ALL forced induction systems. While others on this forum TRY to state that one is better than another, I have always contended that, the best system is the one that you like and or can afford, regardless if it is a roots, twinscrew, centrifugal or turbo. I like them all and believe that they all have their strenghts and weaknesses. They all do. I almost bought a centrifugal, love the performance of the roots, would like to upgrade to a twinscrew after the lightning system install and if I had two trucks I would get a twin turbo set-up. However, if you are going to slam another type of forced induction over another, show the prove.

As an F150 consumer, I do not care about the results with OTHER vehicles or what COULD happen or excuses. I only care about results, results with an F150......a 97-04 F150 with the modular 4.6 or 5.4.

A common argument that has been used is that, the roots and twinscrew may provide better lowend or "streetable" power but that, the centrifugal and turbo will provide faster times in the top end or longer runs.

My point is that, we currently have actual prove of a 1/4 mile run of an F150 (lightning) with a twinscrew that broke the 9 second barrier. Its the fastest known run of a modular engine second generation F150. Therefore, lets see some 97-04 F150 modular 4.6 or 5.4 centrifugal and single turbo runs to compare to the twinscrew run and see if that old argument was ever valid. Because, after all the hype, we seem to not have the centrifugal and single turbo runs to compare to the twinscrew.

Old 06-07-2004, 12:25 PM
not much point in arguing this one, your right, twin screw owns

i have a nearly stock longblock and a T76 and am the quickest gm out there. you know why? TURBO!

my competion includes lots of built stroker motors, whipples, radix's, pro chargers, giant shots of nitrous, you name it.

i haven't even cranked it up yet.

Old 06-07-2004, 12:55 PM
I see that I really wasted my time on that last post...........since you still don't get it.

Your sig. says 03' Silverado. I did not know that the F150 came in a Silverado editon

I also see that your Chevy single turbo 1/4 mile time is alot slower than the Ford F150 twinscrew 1/4 mile time

Last edited by iron horse; 06-07-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:14 PM
thats the first good points you have made yet

i have had my truck for 9 months now and the turbo kit for about 2 months. you can tell JL i'll be coming for him soon.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Iron Horse. Nobody has done a turbo because they think like you. They don't think the results would be promising.

Go talk to crash. Give him a call sometime today. He has the turbo a T66 single setup on his truck now and he absolutely loves it. He has not gone WOT yet but at half throttle he has rev'd it up high enough to see 6psi and quote "at 6psi this turbo pulls harder then the procharger at 12psi"

You don't need to see results on an F150. Turbo's will always make more power then a twin screw/roots this is Fact. If you care to argue then I can throw data.

You say nobody has done this or done that well up to this point there has been no true bolt on turbo kit. That has changed now. In time you will see a turbo 5.3 supercrew turn 10's possible 9's.

I'm not downing the other forms of boost. But when you say you need specific data on turbo's being better on an F150 well thats nonsense. Look at the data and you will see yourself. Less parasetic losses, cooler air discharge temps, more power at same boost levels.

You want proof.... call Crash. He will tell you the difference first hand between a magnacharger, procharger and turbo. He will give you an honest opinion.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by iron horse

I also see that your Chevy single turbo 1/4 mile time is alot slower than the Ford F150 twinscrew 1/4 mile time
Grow up and realize the differnces. A stock suspension 4x4 on stock tires running 10.91 that weighs 5,000lbs over a Lightning with coil overs weight reduction ~ 4,200lbs and on slicks. The GM is turning 13psi compared to the Lightnings 22psi... FACT.

I give alot of props to the Lightning that runs 9.88 but you really need to look at the facts. Go over to the NLOC board and look at the fastest Gen1's and what they use. TURBO! thats what they use.

Twinscrews takes alot of power to turn and they put out very hot discharge temps when compared to a turbo. This is fact.

Last edited by HTown Trucker; 06-07-2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by parish8
thats the first good points you have made yet

i have had my truck for 9 months now and the turbo kit for about 2 months. you can tell JL i'll be coming for him soon.
......will be waiting for your posted times. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by HTown Trucker
You don't need to see results on an F150. If you care to argue then I can throw data.

But when you say you need specific data on turbo's being better on an F150 well thats nonsense. Look at the data and you will see yourself.
Again, either I have not articulated my point well enough, or you do not read this forum very much and or you are refusing to understand.......

There are more than several turbos on second generation F150s already. They are custom set-ups. I believe they are twin turbo set-ups. I believe that a properly tuned TWIN turbo set-up can have the potiential to produce the fastest times. However, I can not prove it, nor have I seen it proven yet.

Your statements above, are nothing but illogical rhetoric and only facilitate the point I am trying to make. Yes, we do need to see F150 single turbo results! No you can not "throw" data and we can not view any data, since there is no specific data from f150 single turbo runs availble to throw, view and review!!!!!!!!!

Your kidding right?!?! Your making these goofy statements only to get me to respond...right?!?! .......for only the premise of your argument is nonsense!

Again, we have a 1/4 mile second generation Ford F150 TWINSCREW run of 9.88. THAT IS FACT. Now lets see a 1/4 mile second generation Ford F150 single turbo run. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Old 06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by HTown Trucker
Grow up and realize the differnces. A stock suspension 4x4 on stock tires running 10.91 that weighs 5,000lbs over a Lightning with coil overs weight reduction ~ 4,200lbs and on slicks. The GM is turning 13psi compared to the Lightnings 22psi... FACT.

I give alot of props to the Lightning that runs 9.88 but you really need to look at the facts. Go over to the NLOC board and look at the fastest Gen1's and what they use. TURBO! thats what they use.

Twinscrews takes alot of power to turn and they put out very hot discharge temps when compared to a turbo. This is fact.
It appears that you have decided to not understand the point I am trying to make.........therefore all I can say is that.....YOU need to grow up and realize that a second generation F150 went 9.88 in the 1/4 mile with a TWINSCREW. You can make excuses all day long, but that is PROVEN FACT.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:42 PM
thanks for the props crash. are you going to have one of your turbo set up's at the showdown or whatever it is?

i am trying to line up a forged everything 409 but just dont have the cash. my current fuel system will support at least 200hp more than i have now and the turbo will flow 300hp more worth of air. i think low 10's will be easy once i get the motor to hold it. i am tempted to go back to the track and push this 6.0 a little harder

iron horse is just looking at the gen 2 lightning world and as of yet no one is pushing a turbo set up in your world. open your eyes and see what others are doing and you will notice a trend.

iron horse, have you ever seen a compresor map for a t88? it is insane!! you can flow 300hp to 1200hp and still be efficient. on a 5+L motor lag is minimal and non existant at the track if you have time to brake stall it a little. pump gas and 12psi for the street then race gas and 25psi, just turn a **** and make 1200hp.

there are many reasons why you can make more power with a turbo and none of them are secrets or hard to understand. order up the book "maximum boost" and spend a few hours reading and it will start to make sence. there is far more to it to than just not having a belt to run although that is an easy 50-100hp loss on JLP truck.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by iron horse
It appears that you have decided to not understand the point I am trying to make.........therefore all I can say is that.....YOU need to grow up and realize that a second generation F150 went 9.88 in the 1/4 mile with a TWINSCREW. You can make excuses all day long, but that is PROVEN FACT.
First off yes the Lightning is a F150 but the Lightning is a different breed. That Lightning has over $20,000 invested. You are asking a F150 to compete to that?... well there are a few projects in the works so for now this convo will just have to die.

Remember my name and remember one thing. By year end you will be putting your foot in your mouth. Not fact, but mearly a prediction.

Enough of this...

Old 06-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Crash!
PARISH- Call me when you see this. I am waiting for your call! 512-251-7280

The goal is to have the bash early next year.
i am at work, middle of a field tapping off someones home wireless conection i'll call you in a couple of hours.

Old 06-07-2004, 04:00 PM

Last edited by iron horse; 06-07-2004 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: you new turbo f150's already have competition *vid*