Ground Force 2" Drop Shackles installed on 2011 H.D.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks awesome! Love the Harleys!

Old 09-07-2013, 01:02 AM
It looks so much better leveled out man! I can practically see my truck now...

Old 05-26-2020, 10:55 PM
And now, 6 1/2 years later, I really CAN “see mine now”! 😂🤦‍♂️

Before....

After

Old 05-26-2020, 11:17 PM
Wish I would’ve done it a loooong time ago. It rides and drives so much better. Looks better. It just IS better all the way around. LOL! The dog is able to jump up in the bed easier. The 3 year old is able to climb up into his car seat easier (so he says...&#128514. Hell, even the WIFE likes it! Said “it doesn’t feel like it’s dancing on its nose when you have to get on the brakes hard”. And I have to agree with it! I can even reach into the bed now and pick up something flat without climbing into the bed. Couldn’t do that before...

I went with the Groundforce kit and proactively installed the 2.5 degree corrective pinion shims as well. Measured the angle of the driveshaft beforehand and it was dead on 3 degrees. After installing the shackles and pinion shims, put the wheels back on the ground and loaded the suspension before torquing the bolts that were removed. After all was complete, the driveshaft angle measure 2 degrees. The whole task took about 3 hours. Just being careful and correctly torquing everything contributed to the amount of time. Was in no rush though, as I was at work and getting paid... 😂 I ABSOLUTELY love it. It just feels so good. In a perfect world where money was no object and no wife to justify stuff to, I would’ve loved to do a 2/4 drop, but I’m super happy with what was accomplished. Hey, better late than never right?!?! 😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Old 05-26-2020, 11:20 PM
Have been trying to update my signature, but it keeps kicking it back due to “too many lines of text”...? It says 8 max and I only have 5... What gives? Says some lines could be counted more than once. What is the best way to break it up? Slashes, commas, or what other form of punctuation or spacing? Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ground Force 2" Drop Shackles installed on 2011 H.D.