Looking to get another 2inches of Drop, Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to get another 2inches of Drop, Help?

Hey guys I have been reading all over the forums and nobody seems to have the same suspension set up I do so I am trying to get some answers and suggestions on getting another 2 inches lower front and back.

Currently have the Roush 2/3 kit and 2 inch drop shackles by McGaughy. My tires are 275/45/22's. There is about 3.25 inches of gap between the top of the tire and the wheel-well, im looking to have the ride hight just above the tires.

Is there a way to achieve this with the current set up or do I need to move into something more extreme like an airbag set up or completely redoing the suspension with mixed kits? Thanks for the help!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
What parts do you have? Coils, arms, struts, leafs, etc.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Belltech adjustable struts with the OEM lowers. I have 1.250" between the tire and fender. Wheel alignment will be a challenge. You will definitely need to "open" the slots (towards the center of the truck).

My wheel/tires are just about an 1" larger in diameter than yours too.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Patman
What parts do you have? Coils, arms, struts, leafs, etc.
The is the exact kit that is on the truck plus the shackle in the rear.

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...2004-2008.html

Old 08-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Well I would highly suggest against the belltech struts with a drop coil. To avoid any alignment problems get the Belltech drop spindles, PM me to get the best price ($400ish)

And best way to get 2" more in the back is to do a 4" DJM flip kit with your Roush leafs and stock shackles

Check the thread in my sig for more details....

Last edited by azmidget91; 08-19-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
Well I would highly suggest against the belltech struts with a drop coil. To avoid any alignment problems get the Belltech drop spindles, PM me to get the best price ($400ish)

And best way to get 2" more in the back is to do a 4" DJM flip kit with your Roush leafs and stock shackles

Check the thread in my sig for more details....
I saw the thread, thats why i said, "do i need to just start over" because thats what it seemed like from reading you thread. great write up by the way. whats the price on on the DJM kit and ill have to look but I am not sure I hung on to the stock shackles...I usually keep all my stock parts but Ive moved twice since and they may have been tossed in an effort to pack less.

What are you currently running? or running in you sig? looks like you are just above the tires...looks great!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I have the DJM rear kit and cannot recommend it. At the time I had the DJM lowers as well, but was not happy with them either and changed to the Belltechs. I do wish I would have got spindles, but either I didn't know about them or they weren't available then.

How much do the BT spindles drop the front?

Trending Topics

Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 PM
A quick search showed about $150 for the flip. No you don't need to start over, I think you have a great start. But to go over a 3/6 drop it takes multiple components. I am sure you can pick up stock shackles for around $50, or trade your 2" drop shackles. So for about $550 you can get to the 4/7 that you want.

The spindles drop it 2"

I actually put Eibach leafs and coils on today but changed my setup around so it stayed about the same, it ended up almost an inch lower in the front and I will have to get it back up to where it was. I am supposed to be at about 4.5/8 with 285/35/22's. In the front I now have:

DJM 2.5" drop control arms
Belltech 2" drop spindles
Eibach 2" drop coils
2" leveling spacer (to cancel out the coils)
Eibach struts

In the rear I have:

DJM 6" flip kit
Eibach 3" drop leafs
DJM 1" lifting shackle (again to cancel out the extra drop from the leafs)
DJM shocks (I hate their shocks but the Eibach I tried to put on today are to long, and had these laying around)

Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jetpilot2
I have the DJM rear kit and cannot recommend it. At the time I had the DJM lowers as well, but was not happy with them either and changed to the Belltechs. I do wish I would have got spindles, but either I didn't know about them or they weren't available then.

How much do the BT spindles drop the front?
Why do you not like your DJM flip kit?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
Why do you not like your DJM flip kit?
It was a combination of customer service, not the highest quality parts, and needing to "customize" the kit to get the proper height. As far as the LCAs, I was just not happy with any part of them, and removed and replaced them.

I might give the BT spindles a try this fall.

Quick Reply: Looking to get another 2inches of Drop, Help?