F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Street Scene (https://www.f150online.com/forums/street-scene-81/)
-   -   shackle question, issue, pics (https://www.f150online.com/forums/street-scene/438364-shackle-question-issue-pics.html)

WhiteRoush3 01-15-2011 10:35 AM

that crossed my mind too, thats exactly what it feels like, either maxing those out or mashing those bump stops

jsvo5695 01-16-2011 12:51 PM

I would get some shock extenders. When I had 5" drop on the back I would bottom out on the bump stop not the shock.

expedition4x4 01-16-2011 01:12 PM

Truck looks good! I think one inch in the front will make it look better.

WhiteRoush3 01-16-2011 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by expedition4x4 (Post 4461822)
Truck looks good! I think one inch in the front will make it look better.

yeah some days it looks perfectly level and other days it looks like the wheel well is a bit higher in the front. How would I be able to get one more inch in the front?

WhiteRoush3 01-16-2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by jsvo5695 (Post 4461794)
I would get some shock extenders. When I had 5" drop on the back I would bottom out on the bump stop not the shock.

Ill have to ask the shop tomorrow what they think about that or what they think it is. I love how your truck sits right above those tires, I'd love to have mine riding like that but be able to keep the Roush suspension parts.

Patman 01-16-2011 08:42 PM

get correct length shocks first then evaluate the bumpstop situation second

reason i recommend that is if you're hitting both right now, if you cut the bumpstops you're destined to bend a shock on a nice big bump

WhiteRoush3 01-16-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw (Post 4462379)
get correct length shocks first then evaluate the bumpstop situation second

reason i recommend that is if you're hitting both right now, if you cut the bumpstops you're destined to bend a shock on a nice big bump

I don't plan on cutting anything, its not so bad that I cant live with it, but if there is a way to fix it without breaking the bank too much id be interested. Another issue is that I tow a trailer so I lose another inch in the back with that hooked up and you can really feel it hit when that's on there. I am a little afraid that I am going to break something towing one day when I don't see a big bump. Going over speed bumps on my street with it was hell, i was going as slow as I could and still tensed up every time the back hit.

One shop mentioned doing air bags in the rear to raise it up for the towing but like I said before Id like to hang on to all the Roush suspension parts so I may just have to live with it.

Stealth 01-16-2011 09:04 PM

I know GF makes some air assist shocks for their 5" drop on their 04-08 2/5 flip kit drop. I have a set of them but haven't installed them yet. A common story for me. :o

I picked them up on amazon for like $56, IIRC.

WhiteRoush3 01-16-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth (Post 4462410)
I know GF makes some air assist shocks for their 5" drop on their 04-08 2/5 flip kit drop. I have a set of them but haven't installed them yet. A common story for me. :o

I picked them up on amazon for like $56, IIRC.

Decisions Decisions :thumbsup:

Stealth 01-16-2011 09:13 PM

Here's the p/n. Ground Force 70064. Amazon is out. Elsewhere they are $129, cheapest I found on the google.

WhiteRoush3 01-16-2011 11:40 PM

I have a feeling that I either ride how it is and keep the roush suspension parts or I have to lose the roush parts and get something else for a better ride...going to the shop tomorrow if they are open for the "holiday" to see what they have to say about it.

josh34 01-18-2011 11:36 AM

Swap out the shackle for a 1" version. Or switch it to 1" if u have the option

Fabian06SC 01-19-2011 01:02 AM

Your rousch shocks should be ok for the extra 2" of drop you have now with the shackle. Check the shocks out, but more than likely your bottoming out on the stock bumpstop.
Mine did the same thing when i dropped it out back. Took the stock bumpstop off the next day till my replacements came in and it rode fine.

ENERGY SUSPENSION
LOW PROFILE BUTTON HEAD BUMP STOP
Part number 9.9102R (the R is for red i believe you can get them in black as well)
Bolts right into the stock location. If you do bottom out it will feel a bit harder than now but your still safe.

On the shock part, if you can get under the truck without lifting the rear up, do so and unbolt one shock, push it till its fully compressed and see how much clearance you have from the eyelet to the spring perch mounting point. IF its really small, i suggest shock extenders. If you cant get under i suggest a drive on lift lol. If you already have shock extenders youll be fine on the shocks.
Im riding new stock length shocks out back with extenders on a 5" drop and its perfectly fine.

Let us know how you fare out.

WhiteRoush3 01-19-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fabian06SC (Post 4465090)
Your rousch shocks should be ok for the extra 2" of drop you have now with the shackle. Check the shocks out, but more than likely your bottoming out on the stock bumpstop.
Mine did the same thing when i dropped it out back. Took the stock bumpstop off the next day till my replacements came in and it rode fine.

ENERGY SUSPENSION
LOW PROFILE BUTTON HEAD BUMP STOP
Part number 9.9102R (the R is for red i believe you can get them in black as well)
Bolts right into the stock location. If you do bottom out it will feel a bit harder than now but your still safe.

On the shock part, if you can get under the truck without lifting the rear up, do so and unbolt one shock, push it till its fully compressed and see how much clearance you have from the eyelet to the spring perch mounting point. IF its really small, i suggest shock extenders. If you cant get under i suggest a drive on lift lol. If you already have shock extenders youll be fine on the shocks.
Im riding new stock length shocks out back with extenders on a 5" drop and its perfectly fine.

Let us know how you fare out.

went to the shop today and they are certain that it is the bump stops that I am hitting, claimed that they could see where they are hitting. They called up energy suspension but the girl on the phone was taking to long so they called ground force and we ordered a set of their low profile bump stops that come with their 2/5 flip kit. Hopefully that fixes the problem and there wont be any shock issues. They don't think that it is the shocks and that I will be in the clear. Parts wont be here for a week...so ill let you guys know when I get them on if the problem is solved.

Fabian06SC 01-19-2011 08:02 PM

Sounds good, for the mean time you can pull the stock bumpstops so the truck doesnt ride like poop. Just be careful on bumpy surfaces it doesnt sound pretty when the axle hits the frame. It shouldnt cause any damage, the boxed frames on our trucks are pretty damn sturdy, unless you plan on taking it off a ramp at over 60 mph.