Old 05-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drop... thoughts...?

looking to drop the truck.

i am interested in this kit:
Belltech 400 Lowering Kit Ford F-150 2WD 1997-2003

Belltech 400 Lowering Kit, 3 in. Front, 4 in. Rear, Ford, F-150, 2WD, Kit
pretty cheap, has everything i need...

whats everyone's thoughts on this kit and belltech?
anyone have it?
any pics of the final drop? or pics of a 3" front drop?
with this drop will my bed become just useless? or will i still be able to use it just not with as much load anylonger?

Old 05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
you retain your rear leafs, so you'll be able to carry a load no problem. those 3" drop coils might be a little stiff (as opposed to the LCA alternative, using the factory coils) but if you plan on keeping it at that height, you'll be ok. I would think about other shocks though... a lot of companies that supply drop kits don't specialize in shocks, like bilstein, or rancho.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
+2 on getting different shocks

Im currently dropped 3/4

the shackles are what is really going to hurt your towing/payload. If you do hangers only (eibach makes a 3" hanger) you can still use your truck like a truck.

3/3

3/5

I dont have a current picture of my 3/4 setup that is a clear side shot like the ones above.

problem is once you start replacing parts from that kit, like new shocks, possibly different hangers, then your good deal suddenly isnt that good

Old 05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
so... whats included with this kit though enables me to have a load though?

but 3/4 isn't that bad right... i mean i'll still be able to carry a load right?
stiff i'm not a fan of but was used to it when i had my civic slammed... is it that bad of a ride though?

for now i think i will use the shocks that come with the kit... i mean anything is better then my stock ones which imo are going. and not looking to spend a ridiculous amount in changing parts and such over the price of the kit. if i didn't want complete i would get something else.

so this kit uses shackles and hangers? it will hurt my payload alot?

how is the ride on your 3/4? any issues getting places?

sorry for the dumb questions... lowering a car i know.. a truck... i'm an idiot with and just confused lol

Last edited by Grafix Ink.; 05-08-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
you're keeping the stock leafs, then shackles and hangers just move them up, lowering the truck, so you're at the same capacity.

by stiff, i mean handles like a european sports car in the turns and a big wheel on the straights.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Global Moderator &

ride is stiffer, but not bouncy or harsh

The shackles will hurt you, but yes you can still carry load, but you will be pretty close or on the bump stops.

this is 3/5 with 250-300 pound basket ball goal base full of sand in the bed. I was miserably close to the bump stops (about 1/2") and it road like shiit because every small bump i hit the axle on the bumpstops

Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dribone
you're keeping the stock leafs, then shackles and hangers just move them up, lowering the truck, so you're at the same capacity.

by stiff, i mean handles like a european sports car in the turns and a big wheel on the straights.
lol that i can deal with... anything is better then the way it handles now.

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
ride is stiffer, but not bouncy or harsh

The shackles will hurt you, but yes you can still carry load, but you will be pretty close or on the bump stops.

this is 3/5 with 250-300 pound basket ball goal base full of sand in the bed. I was miserably close to the bump stops (about 1/2") and it road like shiit because every small bump i hit the axle on the bumpstops
good good.. stiff i don't mind, i just don't like harsh lol
hmm 300pounds isn't a whole lot... but with 3/4 obviously i'll have a bit more too...

so... in the end i can carry a load yes, but will ride like **** if its too heavy.

not like i'm hauling all the time.. but if i need to carry like 10 sheets of drywall for a sidejob i know i can

Last edited by Grafix Ink.; 05-08-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Global Moderator &

pretty much yup

Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Grafix Ink.
looking to drop the truck.

i am interested in this kit:

pretty cheap, has everything i need...

whats everyone's thoughts on this kit and belltech?
anyone have it?
any pics of the final drop? or pics of a 3" front drop?
with this drop will my bed become just useless? or will i still be able to use it just not with as much load anylonger?
I have this kit on my truck.

I've used it to haul a couple hundred pounds of hardwood flooring. no problem. I believe the kit comes with new, shorter bump stops so I wasn't too close to bottoming out. Only problem I've had is the u bolts stretched on one side and I had to replace them. That was my fault, you're supposed to torque the bolts every few hundred miles. Love the ride, doesn't feel too stiff, I used the shocks from the kit.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
I have this kit on my truck.

I've used it to haul a couple hundred pounds of hardwood flooring. no problem. I believe the kit comes with new, shorter bump stops so I wasn't too close to bottoming out. Only problem I've had is the u bolts stretched on one side and I had to replace them. That was my fault, you're supposed to torque the bolts every few hundred miles. Love the ride, doesn't feel too stiff, I used the shocks from the kit.
awesome... thanks for the info...

still a few inches of gap there. so i should be more then fine fine.... 3/4 i guess isn't that low
but low enough to still keep the truck practical i guess.

Last edited by Grafix Ink.; 05-08-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Global Moderator &

oh and the only place ive ever had trouble was this (my buddy's) driveway going straight in or out

Old 05-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
oh and the only place ive ever had trouble was this (my buddy's) driveway going straight in or out
good to know.. what size tires you have btw... weird so many peopel i've seen with 3/4 kits all with different wheel gaps though

Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Global Moderator &

I ran stock 255-70-16 for 2ish years, and now i have 255-65-16

compare the above picture to new tires:

some of the difference you are seeing is some kits are rated 3/4 but are closer to 2/3 then 3/4

Old 05-09-2008, 08:07 AM
ironically i received a great price form the dealer on ground force (ford racing) drop kits... cheaper then belltech

anyone running ground force? thoughts?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:28 AM
i got the beltech 3/4 kit on mine.... and love it. i have hauled ALOT since having theis kit on here... don't look at the truck.. i'm a redneck... everything from me MOVING from louisiana to new mexico, even hauled couple hundred pound of sod.... just make sure you get some dang good shocks and i'd put in some sway bars just for good measure

Quick Reply: drop... thoughts...?