Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by fdimeroller
doesnt look as good as the last truck....sorry :o

whats it painted with?
I know this one will get there, give me time
And i had my buddy paint the valence along with my snugtop at his body shop, so the valence is professionally done

Originally Posted by expedition4x4
hey Fabian06SC truck looks real good but i think it's time to go lower
agreed fabian, if you need some help on the install holler.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how'd they go about smoothing & painting the valance?

Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by expedition4x4
hey Fabian06SC truck looks real good but i think it's time to go lower
Thanks!
Plans to go lower right now are non-existent.
I cant really go any lower than it is now.
It kills me to leave it that high, but i need the ground clearance due to the varying terrain/nature of my work. Lower on a static drop is out of the question. And the pics popping up here lately with everyones eibach drops and talks of springs leafs LCAs and sway bars get my heart pumping!

Talks of installing and adjustable suspension have come up plenty of times.
I have pretty much already measured my clearances in the rear for a custom triangulated four link. Problem there is that it cant have the axle travel too high up since i cant notch the bed. I have to have a solid flat floor requiring essentially what would be a stock floor body drop on the bed to gain clearance for everything to stay underneath. I have a mini that will probably be bagged before i touch the screw though.

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw

agreed fabian, if you need some help on the install holler.
Wont probably be doing anything for a while. I want to get the truck paid off first and do some real estate investment before i splurge on the either truck again. Thanks for the offer though, if i get a wild hair one long weekend you better be ready to travel at the drop of a dime
We stayed at the shop fri finishing up the exhaust till almost 8. A paint/body shop after hours gets lots of fun lol.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the truck Fabian. Do you have any closer pics of your grille emblem?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by fdimeroller
how'd they go about smoothing & painting the valance?
I sanded it down to 400 grit paper. and he sealed, primed, painted, and cleared it.

Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
Problem there is that it cant have the axle travel too high up since i cant notch the bed. I have to have a solid flat floor requiring essentially what would be a stock floor body drop on the bed to gain clearance for everything to stay underneath
AnehiemDrew is stock bed, notched frame. You can do it to yours. :o

Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 PM

AnehiemDrew is stock bed, notched frame. You can do it to yours. :o
Yep i know, but if im baggin i want it to lay out completely on the frame. That means cutting the bed up. who knows i may just get bored one day and start ordering parts, i would just hate to fab up all the suspension and not lay out though.
Had the photoshop already opened... and i gotta say im liking the look.

Originally Posted by 87fiveoh254
Love the truck Fabian. Do you have any closer pics of your grille emblem?
Thanks, and the emblem is just a tailgate F150 emblem that i plastic welded some studs to so i could bolt it in the stock oval location.

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 06-10-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 AM

Thanks, and the emblem is just a tailgate F150 emblem that i plastic welded some studs to so i could bolt it in the stock oval location.
Cool idea.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
2001 Expedition EB SC

2001 Expo Eb 5.4L 928motorsports.com superpowerdyne 7psi"Have and will be going to my Vortech V-1 sQ as soon as Carl can do me a supervortech upgrade" going to 10psi. Have a snow stage 1 boost cooler water/methanol injection with the bottle of nitro booster not on yet. custom diablo black chip tuned in Reno by ivmmotorsports.com pace seter shorty headers, ZERO Cats,3in cat back flowmaster force II,accel cop coils,lighting 90mm maf,#42lbs lime top fi's,walbro 255lph fuel pump, flex-a-lite e fans, cxr racing aftercooler"airtoair" bosch bov,75mm throttlebody. cant wait to tune with the meth injection and the upgraded vortech[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by nonwoven29; 06-12-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: didnt show pics right
Old 06-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Yep i know, but if im baggin i want it to lay out completely on the frame. That means cutting the bed up. who knows i may just get bored one day and start ordering parts, i would just hate to fab up all the suspension and not lay out though.
Had the photoshop already opened... and i gotta say im liking the look.
Yea man, do it!!

I do know what you mean about the whole wanting to lay out if you're gonna do the work. Kinda sucks because with the money i am putting into my static drop for my red truck i could just about bag it, but i need something 100% reliable for daily and long highway driving

Old 06-12-2009, 06:27 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by nonwoven29
jumbled mess
hey man use the link that starts with [img] and ends with [/img], you used someof the html codes which is why they ddn't come out

Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Yea man, do it!!

I do know what you mean about the whole wanting to lay out if you're gonna do the work. Kinda sucks because with the money i am putting into my static drop for my red truck i could just about bag it, but i need something 100% reliable for daily and long highway driving
Your in the same pickle i am. Mine is used daily, and HARD. Its essentially my work truck, you should see the bed lol. It also gets a twelve hour trip one way each summer.
I know air ride is reliable its just that one time a fitting leaks and your out about 70 miles from civilization that gets me.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I tryed to insert all pics

Originally Posted by tarajerame
hey man use the link that starts with [img] and ends with [/img], you used someof the html codes which is why they ddn't come out
I tryed and used the photobucket pics you said but it only shows the last pic i uploaded ?? how can i show all 6 pics Sorry for the mess

Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Your in the same pickle i am. Mine is used daily, and HARD. Its essentially my work truck, you should see the bed lol. It also gets a twelve hour trip one way each summer.
I know air ride is reliable its just that one time a fitting leaks and your out about 70 miles from civilization that gets me.
yea or a bag gives out. If you have a leak, you *could* limp back on the compressor, but if you have catastrophic failure its gonna have to be hauled on a roll back wrecker

Old 06-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Yeah man......... that is F'n sweet!!! i wish i had the money to bag mine.
Also how did you run the exhaust to both sides? any more pics of that

Old 06-12-2009, 06:52 PM

Cotter's truck rode great on the highway on the way to Dallas and back.

Quick Reply: Show off your street trucks !!