Did You Race A Prelude?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Blah blah blah...

Prelude shmalude....who cares about a stinkin' ricer. I had a similar run in with a Prelude a while back. I'm driving normal & he come flying by & flashes his lights!?!? I blow him off...another stupid ricer. As fate would have it we enter the tollway together & I leave him from a 40 roll. I slow down to highway speeds & he finally catches up, & he wants to go from a green light. We exit...same results. He catches up and says he wants to go from a 20 roll...same results. Then he wants to go from a 50 roll....I'm like, "just face it", you are a looser & that spoiler isn't giving you the extra horsepower you need! Why do you want to get a crappy car & fix it up? In the end you have a Honda with a supercharger?...it just sounds dumb doesn't it.

Old 05-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Re: Blah blah blah...

Originally posted by Black Bomber
Prelude shmalude....who cares about a stinkin' ricer. Why do you want to get a crappy car & fix it up? In the end you have a Honda with a supercharger?...it just sounds dumb doesn't it.

Old 05-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'll race you!

I have the 4.6L V8, with the K&N Air Filter, Borla Catback Exhaust, and a console full of stickers to place on the body, if I ever have to race someone...

Let me know, and I'll meet you at Preston & 121, north bound.

Kidding.... I don't race anymore.

I haven't been a racer since I traded my 97 Maxima SE.
Now, you wanna talk about a sleeper??? I smoked 3 Mustang GT's, a hand full of Probe GT's, 1 or 2 325 & 328s and countless Eclipses... I never raced a Prelude- but stock for stock, the Maxima SE was quicker. I did lose to my friend's GT- but he had it modded to about 290 RWHP.

In my truck days, the only car I really raced was these two kids that challenged me at Park & Dallas Parkway- headed south on the service road. They had their fart can, stickers, boost guages and all that- when the light turned green- I jumped on him, and he never was able to pass me... The closest he got was his front bumper on my driver's door!

I got my @$$ handed to me by a BMW M3- but, I knew I was over matched- I just hoped he couldn't drive it.... I was wrong.

I had zero mods on the Max... It was just bad-***, right off the showroom floor.

Old 05-15-2003, 04:14 PM

Prelude shmalude....who cares about a stinkin' ricer. I
I'm sorry was that a challenge?? or was it just typical forum talk

Old 05-15-2003, 04:26 PM
BigHersh:

Ohhhhhhhh ok, you said
"I smoked 3 Mustang GT's, a hand full of Probe GT's, 1 or 2 325 & 328s and countless Eclipses..."
but i mean the 97 maxima is not really a sleeper, i've smoked all those cars in my v6 f150!

The new 02's are pretty impressive, my friend with an 02 6spd ran a 14.1@98 with intake and ssr rims. They've always lead their class. They still aren't sleepers except to those 99+ GT drivers that think they're about to own a family sedan

Old 05-15-2003, 06:17 PM
It was just "typical forum talk". That's all I can say now...I need ask my wife to do the rest of the trash talking for me to follow suit I'm just teasing...to each his own; if you wanna mod that thing, by all means knock yourself out. Let me know when your ready to sell it so I can write a check for $500 to cover the value of the car & all the mods. Make you a deal...you take $300 off the price if you have a K&N air filter stick visible on the car

Old 05-15-2003, 11:55 PM

Prelude shmalude. Why do you want to get a crappy car & fix it up? In the end you have a Honda with a supercharger?...it just sounds dumb doesn't it.
I like my rice fried.

Last edited by LatemodelRacer2; 05-15-2003 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:00 AM
hey late model, what times do you run, your truck sounds pretty fast. Also, who around here has the fastest L and what does it run? There was a guy around here selling a souped up 2k2 L that was supposedly pushing 500 horse for 27k

Old 05-16-2003, 12:12 AM
hoping for high 7's this sat on stock tires at the local 1/8 mile.

Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Im yer Huckleberry....

Old 05-16-2003, 06:28 PM
High 7's?!?!?!? Whaaaaaaaaaat?!? I'd never heard of an L pulling off speeds like that. Who has the fastest and whats the time on that?

Old 05-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by eposey
High 7's?!?!?!? Whaaaaaaaaaat?!? I'd never heard of an L pulling off speeds like that. Who has the fastest and whats the time on that?

You do know he's talking the 1/8 mile ? That's not uncommon with a decently modded L with good traction

--wes

Old 05-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Oh, I was askin about 1/4 mile. I can see an L running a 1/8 mi in the 7's. I was just about to sell the six banger and invest in an L. Can't do that though, I'm the average broke college student.

Old 05-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Here is a FACT, a built 4-banger is NOT going to bet a built V8 with the same vehicle weight. If you think that then someone has been blowing way to much RICE smoke up someone's ***.

I am sorry to say, but just because some 4-banger bumped his head in that little itty bitty car and thinks it might be impressive to beat a TRUCK weighing at least 2 times the weight of a ricer has got to stop and think how STUPID it would sound to tell his buddies:

"Yooo Dude, I bet a TRUCK weighing at least 2 times as much as my ricer last night, Dude, so cool dude, and you know I can not tow SH*T with my little itty bitty ricer either dude so cool.

Oh, and Dude check out the extra 10hp I just stuck on the side of my window..."

You put any 4-banger next to a Lightning and the Lighting STEALS the show hands down, it looks faster, slicker, more powerful, and just much more BAD ***.

No I do not own a Lightning, I own an F150 XLT Sport 4.2 V6

I would be willing to bet if I spent as much money on my V6 as some 4-banger and stuck it in a ricer I would kick the 4-bangers ***... However I would never disgrace my Ford F150 motor by putting it into some toy tin can.

Old 05-23-2003, 05:02 PM
TXF150girl-

Come on now....

Do you mean to tell me you out ran an Eclipse, 323, 325, 328 or any passenger coupe or sedan for that matter, in an F-150 4.2L V-6?

Now, most people think the F-150 is too much truck for the 4.6L V-8 (I'd disagree, but to each his or her own) but, I know the 4.6L has more power & torque than the 4.2L V-6..

There's no way I could out run any car (Who's driver knows how to drive) on the premise of power to weight ratio alone. That Civic I dusted back in 1999 should have sucked my doors clean off (Unless it was an all-show no-go Civic)...

I'd have to see that to believe it.

But, for the Maxima- Today, a lot of people know what it can do, so in that sense it's not a sleeper; but- from the appearance (4-door family sedan) it is.

Most people in there < 2002 Mustang GT's, Eclipse's, Miata's, Prelude's, 3000GT SL's, Non-Turbo 300ZX's, 330i & below BMW's, etc... think they have easy prey when they flash the lights on a Maxima SE, but- if the Max driver chose the 5-Sp., and can handle the stick- those other driver's will have to bring their A-Game to beat that Maxima.

The 190 (listed) HP 1995 - 1999 Maxima's were all quicker than the 2000 & 2001 Maxima's in stock form (Until Max's got that power bump in 2002 to 255/260) They used to list the Max. at 6.6 0-60 and 15.2 - 15.5 in the quarter, stock. That's decent unmodded performance today. That's the car I won many races in.

I test drove the 2004 Maxima last Friday night out on 635...... Oh-my-Goodness..... That thing will move, and that was the 5-sp auto... I can only imagine what the 6-Sp manual can do.

Botton line, and again- this is my opinion. I think Superchargers & Turbo's are cheat mods. Of course one should be able to out-run a car that doesn't have the turbo or supercharger.... That's a given. Where I am most impressed is when a manufacturer can wring out 250 - 350 HP out of a normally aspirated engine... Not many can lay claim to that....

Dodge Viper
Chevy Corvette, Z-28*, Chevy V-8 Full size trucks
Ford Mustang, Ford V-8 Full sized trucks
Pontiac Trans Am*
GMC trucks
Honda S2000

Not very many.... Again, much respect to the "Run what you brung" addage, but aside from an air filter & exhaust upgrade, I prefer strong, stock warrantied engines.

Quick Reply: Did You Race A Prelude?