Systems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Systems

Hey i need ideas for head units and subs for my tuck can anyone provide pictures for me to get ideas? Just want to see the different types of styles. Thanks.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:15 AM
go with eclipse and diamond audio

Old 10-21-2002, 12:33 PM
What exactly are you wanting to accomplish with your system? Are you going for a great sounding system (where it sounds awesome inside the truck and dont care how loud it is outside) or do you want the whole neighborhood to hear you when your coming?

What kind of budget are you on?

Old 10-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Head Unit

When it comes to a Head Unit I recommend Alpine or the Kenwood Excelon Series. I have always used Rockford Fosgate for my Woofers and Amps. Make sure you stay away from the cheap speakers. I have one 10" in my truck and it sounds great. But my systems was setup for in cab sound only.

Old 10-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by TEK2000
What exactly are you wanting to accomplish with your system? Are you going for a great sounding system (where it sounds awesome inside the truck and dont care how loud it is outside) or do you want the whole neighborhood to hear you when your coming?

What kind of budget are you on?
I'd like to get a good sounding system not a cheap one. My budget is about 2 grand. Thats as much as i can spend on my system all together. And i would like to put in new speakers and a 10 or 12" sub with a good amp. I'd also like to get a fold-down dischatchable face head unit. What would you recomend for those specifications?

Old 10-21-2002, 10:51 PM
I'd like to get a good sounding system not a cheap one. My budget is about 2 grand. Thats as much as i can spend on my system all together. And i would like to put in new speakers and a 10 or 12" sub with a good amp. I'd also like to get a fold-down dischatchable face head unit. What would you recomend for those specifications?

Old 10-21-2002, 11:08 PM
if your budget is 2 grand, I would reccomend 2 10" Eclipse subs with an amp. My friend has 2 of these in his extended cab larait 4x4 and it sounds GREAT, running 1400 watts with an amp and its awsome. I dont know about an amp, but 2 or more of the top of the line eclipse 10's will run 750watts each and the 12's and 15's even more. Now you only have a single cab so you could put 12 or 15's but definately go with the eclipse's, im going with the 2 10" kicker comp vr just because 10 is the max I can fit under my back seat and I have other things Im doing to my truck now.
Just listen to them and they are great, thoes are the subs I would reccomend. Now for the speakers go eclipse too, they sound great my friend has thoes 2, his system altogether was 3700. For the CD player I would look for a panasonic dot matrix cd player with a fold down face and detachable. This is what Im getting they run about 290-350 depending on where you buy it and more if you want MP3 playback but I have no desire for it.

Old 10-22-2002, 08:55 AM
two grand?
Eclipse deck, and Diamond Audio M6's
and a Memphis amp.

Old 10-22-2002, 02:17 PM
Well.. if you're gonna spend $2000 on your system. You've got quite a few options, especially if you're only putting 1 sub in there.

I spend about $1500 total on my system. I bought all of the equipment online and saved a bunch of money. I also installed everything myself so that saved me more money.

I was going for a great sounding system (like you) and I got exactly what I was hoping for out of the equipment I purchased. I'm not gonna spout off a bunch of brands you SHOULD get because it really depends on you.

But personally: I've always liked Pioneer head units... if you're wanting to shell out the cash though.. I'd buy an Eclipse if it were me. Amps.. there are so many good ones.. I went with Phoenix Gold because they are good amps and not too pricy on the Tantrum line. Subs is probably the hardest decision.. in your regular cab you may be restricted on what sub you get due to space. I chose the Audiomobile because it fit in the space I had available, I heard good things about it, and they give a 30 day money back guarantee. At first I didnt think I wanted to spend the cash for Focal components.. but my 136K only cost me $262 bucks.. compared to $250 for some lower line JL's and stuff I was sold.

Last edited by TEK2000; 10-22-2002 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Systems