2 12" Solo Barics under the back seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 12" Solo Barics under the back seat

Any ideas on how to install 2 12" Solo Baric L7's underneath the rear seat of my truck. Its a 00 Ext. cab. Im trying to keep the back seat, even if i end up having to just mount the cushion on top of the box.

Old 05-24-2002, 05:51 AM
Talking

I would think that it could be done. I don't have the same truck as you, but I have two 12" Solobaric L7's behind my rear seat in a Super Crew. Tight squeeze, but a perfect fit. When you do get them in there, push them with as much power as you can afford. I started off with a Fosgate 800.2, and it was overheating. I stepped it up to a Fosgate BD1500, and BAM!!! It puts out some serious db's. Good luck. Check out my signature pix. Let me know if you have any quesitions. (PS - I changed the configuration of the subs in the pictures to two twelves, equally spaced in the box, and the other amp is also in the seat back) Later...........JB

Old 05-24-2002, 03:07 PM
Nice! Pretty cool how you stuck one amp in the back of the seat. Was it difficult? Where did you run the wiring?

Old 05-25-2002, 06:08 AM
Actually, both amps are now in the seat back. It looks really nice.l The wiring is under the carpeting, along the "hump".

The Super Crews have a hard plastic backing to the seats. Once you remove the fabric covering, there are several screws that hold a piece of plastic to a tubular frame. This plastic can be cut/modified to accommodate the size of your amp. Then it's just a matter of carefully removing enough of the foam from the back toward the front of the seat. If you do it right, you won't even be able to tell the amp is there when seated. The wiring comes down into a fabricated "chase" and into the carpeting behind the seat. Totally hidden, and I lost absolutely no functionality what-so-ever.

I'm thinking of adding some additional mids and tweets to my front doors, along with another amp into the other side of the back seat. That's after the bed-rug kit, carbon tonneau, and Cervini's ram air hood. Oh, and I almost forgot, after the Street Scene Gen 3 bumper cover. It's a never ending list......JB

Quick Reply: 2 12" Solo Barics under the back seat