how to hook up speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to hook up speakers

Hopw do I get to the speakers in my 97 f150 reg cab?I will be doing both front and back. I can see no screws to get to them Thanks

Old 03-27-2002, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the interior panels pop off (with some firm pulling), with the doors having a couple of phillips head machine screws that have to be removed. In the rear the grey button-looking fasteners have a center pin which need to be pushed in to allow them to release. Just pop the center in about 1/8" and they release. Once they are removed you need to push the pin back out so they can be re-inserted. That is, it should stick up from the surface before being re-inserted.

To remove the door panel:
1. Grab the front of the black door lever surround and pull outward firmly. It pops up to reveal a single phillips head screw which needs to be removed.
2. Grab the rear sail panel, which is the upper plastic piece at the rear of the window frame. Pull firmly and it too will pop out. Behind it is the second phillips head screw which needs to be removed.
3. The door panel can now be lifted off the fastening hooks. There are no snaps of fasteners, only about half a dozen hooks. Lift the panel off vertically.
4. If you wish to dynamat the door sheet metal, you'll need to peel the blue plastic sheet off of the panel. If you are careful you should be able to reuse the sheet with any additional glue.
5. Assembly is reverse of above.

To remove the rear quarter panel:
1. Remove the top seat belt hinge by unsnapping the plastic triangular cover and unscrewing the nut underneath it.
2. Pop the centers in on all the panel pop fasteners. Pull each one out.
3. Remove the upper corner panel by pulling firmly toward the other side of the car.
4. Remove the pop fastener hidden behind the upper panel just above the seatbelt retractor mechanism.
5. Slide the seat belt out of the guide in the lower corner panel.
6. Remove the lower corner panel by pulling firmly toward the other side of the car.
7. Assembly is reverse of above.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: how to hook up speakers