Jl Audio Stealthbox Has Arrived, Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jl Audio Stealthbox Has Arrived, Finally!

Center Console Stealthbox for 2001 Supercab

I've been trying to get ahold of this thing since early December and my wait is over. I won't even go into the ridiculous events that occurred before I finally got it. It arrived last night and was installed last night!

And the verdict is.............

Very impressive!

The install looks a little intimidating at first glance. There is a fair amount of cutting involved on the inner housing of the console. Also, you need to cut a section of carpet away as well. The instructions were very accurate and detailed and the whole thing took about 1.5 hours to complete. That console fits like a glove around the box and there is no vibration as I had feared. Actually, that's not true. Anything sitting in the cupholders, like a cell phone or loose change did dance around a bit. My fillings rattled some also. This thing rocks! Very tight but not boomy like the ported loaner sub I was using ( JL Micro 8.1).

I think it is worth every penny I paid and every week that I waited. Only drawback is that the cavernous space in the console is gone - reduced to a shallow pan( JL even includes the pan!). I'll live with it. I wanted a box that wouldn't take up floor space in the back and was hidden from view. The fact that it sounds this good is just a bonus.

Clem

Quick Reply: Jl Audio Stealthbox Has Arrived, Finally!