Success and Failure in my sound system

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Success and Failure in my sound system

Hey all-

I just upgraded the head unit with a double-din Kenwood. I believe its rated at 35x4. Anyway- A HUGE difference in performance and clairity.

When I push the speakers at high power- I get them crackling pretty good. Do you think if I upgraded the 6x8's to aftermarket speakers - would I get louder performance before distortion?

Thanks

Brian

Old 03-11-2002, 10:40 PM
yes. any aftermaket speaker will blow away the stock ones. When i play rap music (not even very loud at all) they vibrate and distort like a mother. I'll be putting some pioneer's in soon, to take care of that. A good aftermarket speaker can handle more abuse than the stock ones.

Old 03-12-2002, 01:42 AM
I'm still using my rear factory speakers running off of the HU amp for fill. When I turn off my sub out and fade all the way to the rear its like a cruel joke. And while I realize that I have some pretty good aftermarket speakers in front that are amped, the difference is bigger than night and day. Its not even a comparison. I'd go out to a few of your local shops and listen to a bunch of different speakers. That's what I did.

My Audio Gallery

Old 03-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Sapo, you've got a really nice headunit. DanB360, I play ONLY rap music myself, and I have the pioneer speakers and DEH-11 headunit, 40X4, it rocks, my mirrors just vibrate like crazy when i have it even like half way volume, and bass level6(highest) I think you would be pleased with Pioneer, and more!

Old 03-14-2002, 08:45 PM
I will let you know this weekend. I am running the stock speakers now until I get the MB Quarts installed on Friday. My Pioneer HU does the same thing to the stock speakers, above 1/2 volume, they start to flounder.
I will post the difference, but i think it will be pretty obvious

Old 03-14-2002, 10:52 PM
You know it will don't you, and you'll be sooo happy, won't you!!!!!

Quick Reply: Success and Failure in my sound system