Finally got my sub system together.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my sub system together.

After a month of anticipation for the box, only to recieve it and find the subs were out of production (long story but I eventually got what I wanted), I've got it all up and running!
Subbox.net box, dual downfire 10"s
Diamond Audio M5 subs, S.V.C.
MTX Thunder 6500D

OMG, let me just tell you, this $#!^ POUNDS!!!! My 8's are so pathetic by comparison, and to think i thought it was cool! After about two hours of fine tuning during a long drive, it sounds gorgeous. These subs are so wonderfully detailed, everything is nice and clean, not muddled, mushy bass. Tight when it's supposed to be, and aunenciated. I ended up spending a more than I wanted to but hey, it's all good. lets see 450 for the two subs, 200 for the amp (direct from a distributor ) and the D@MN box, 183.

Otherwise, the box itself is nice and strong. Heavy, weighin in at 30lbs but that's good in box-construction. now, with the subs in tho, it weighs 60 lbs, a little tough to man-mandle into the truck but np. Best part is, it doesn't flex hardly at all. I mean, I had those subs crankin and I could barely feel the box vibin.

Anyway, for those of you who plan on playin loud on occasion, be polite. Use Dynamat! I used accumat personally but now with the subs in, I can totally tell the difference. It's so much quieter from outside. What I really like is it reduced the over-all vibration in my truck tremendously, and the mirror hardly rattles, not even as much as it did with the 8"s!

Sorry it's takin so long for some of those boxes to come in. It is worth it though!

Old 02-28-2002, 10:52 AM
Talking

Glad it all worked out for you. The sound dampening makes a world of difference! Did you cover all the interior panels, just the doors, or where?? Got any pics of your install? I'm always curious to see similar setups to mine to see how other people do it.

Old 02-28-2002, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately my friend, no pics. I used about the same amount as you did though, hmm, let me see. 7 sheets, 4sq feet/ sheet, 28 sq feet of Accumat. I did the whole rear wall, rear floor, and all the doors. I actually have another sheet left over, but can't find where to put it! Maybe I'll just go and multi layer the doors...

Old 02-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Question

Where did you get the accumat? Is it cheaper than Dynamat? Good Dynamat will burn a whole in your pocket.

Old 03-01-2002, 05:00 PM
Accumat is made by Schoche. There's a distributor here in Simi and my friend has a license so I got it at cost. Think it was 60 bucks for the bulk pack, Waaayyy cheaper than dynamat, even on the zeb. I've even been told its better but as long as it's there, I'm happy, like we'd be able to notice the .05% difference in dampning factor if there was any...

Quick Reply: Finally got my sub system together.