Replacing Factory Rears

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacing Factory Rears

I have looked all over and I have yet to see anyone comment on trying to install 6x9's in there rear doors I have a 2002 f-150 Scab and I want to replace my factory 6x8's with a pair of ba 6x9's I have asked the "professional” installers but they have given me no hope they say oh just cut your plastic panel and place a grill on it *yea that might happen* I just installed a deh-6400 hu so I know I have the power for them with out using an amp for now I just need to get the damn speakers in any help would be much appreciated

Old 02-23-2002, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth, ASCII, I wouldn't bother. I have a SCrew and I replaced my rear stage with Kicker 6.5 coax's. During the same install, I also replaced my front stage with DiamondAudio components (amped) and a JLAudio Stealthbox sub (also amped). After having lived with this arrangement for over a year now, I can tell you that I cannot hear my rear stage at all, at any sound level. The comps just drown them completely out. It would have been much better if I had just installed a good midrange or set of tweets in the rear that would add some brightness and "fill" to complement the front stage.
Moral of The Story: Put your money and time into obtaining the best components and proper amp you can afford for the front and don't sweat the rear. It may be cool for the ego to be able to say: "I got XYZ's in the rear", but if you've got quality "up front", what's in the rear won't mean diddly.

Quick Reply: Replacing Factory Rears