need as many subs as i can fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation need as many subs as i can fit

i have a 98 extended cab with 2 8"s in there already but now i want more. I know i will have to take the back seat out but i need help with a box plan. I want to try to fit as many 10"s or 12's as i can. If you can help with plans or tell me any info (like where i should pu the amps and how many watts i need) it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-17-2001, 11:22 PM
why do ya want soo many?????My firend has 3 10;s on each side with 4 12s in the middle....my god it is loud!!!!

:Later

Old 09-17-2001, 11:52 PM
what kind of box or boxes did he use , do you have pics?

Old 09-18-2001, 02:06 PM
Arron,

Do u plan on building the box urself or have a shop do it for u? I'm thinking u should be able to get at least 6 12's if not a few more. Since ur taking ur seat out there should be plenty of room for ur amps and speakers. I take it u want ur amps some where were u can get to them and tweek them to ur likings. I would have them build u a box with the speakers directly behind u and extend it at the floor towards the front of the cab and mount your amps there.

As far as power goes....ur going to have to get some power cells for that amps and speakers. If u really want it to be some ear popping bass I would run a pair of speakers off of a soundstream amp. Watts? Depends on da speakers but a 2 channel 400 watt amp would be more then suffecient. Seeing how ur going to have so many speakers. Good luck and keep us posted I would like to see how it turns out for u.

Quick Reply: need as many subs as i can fit