8" SKAR Audio Build

Old 08-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8" SKAR Audio Build

After having two systems in my '13 crew cab neither being loud enough for me I decided to up my game and try out some 8's. My very first system I have ever done in a vehicle was my 1 10" JL W3V3 in a q-bomb ported sub box with a JL JX500/1 amp from a professional audio shop Big Daddys. Being that it was my first system my "virgin ears" thought it sounded loud.... Nope! So I decided to try out two 10's I went to another local audio shop called Rochas truck and Audio, and heard one of their demo 10" Image Dynamic CTX Subwoofers and it was a lot louder than mine so I got 2 of them in a sealed enclosure powered by a Image Dynamic Q-series 600/1 amp that ended up sounding worst than my old one. After searching and searching I decided I wanted 2 Sundown SA-8 subwoofers under the seat facing towards the front. I posted this on an audio forum and got a deal on 4 SKAR Audio VVX8 D2 for the price of 3. So I pulled the trigger and got them. Then I went on eBay and got a SKAR Audio SK1500.1 Amp and a 1/0AWG SKAR Audio Amp Kit. After finally getting all of that in I went to the Pro's at Big Daddys and got a Custom Ported sub box for 3 8's.... Here's the results. Easily the loudest system I've heard come form under the seats of a pickup truck. I compete with 15's in some local car shows. Thanks for looking questions feel free to ask.

Old 08-29-2015, 01:37 PM
where did you get the subs? shop or somebody selling them used?

Old 08-30-2015, 11:57 AM
8" SKAR Audio Build

I pm'd ya back

Old 11-07-2015, 07:36 PM
So the sub box arcs the seat up more? It doesn't lock into place?

Old 11-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Makahveli
So the sub box arcs the seat up more? It doesn't lock into place?
When the seat goes down it has never locked in place in my truck anyways. But yes it does arc the seat up a little more it's comfortable to me and most people who sit back there say it doesn't bother them. And some of them are back there for 8 or more hours on a road trip.

Old 06-17-2023, 08:39 PM
Plans?

Originally Posted by Daltonkk
After having two systems in my '13 crew cab neither being loud enough for me I decided to up my game and try out some 8's. My very first system I have ever done in a vehicle was my 1 10" JL W3V3 in a q-bomb ported sub box with a JL JX500/1 amp from a professional audio shop Big Daddys. Being that it was my first system my "virgin ears" thought it sounded loud.... Nope! So I decided to try out two 10's I went to another local audio shop called Rochas truck and Audio, and heard one of their demo 10" Image Dynamic CTX Subwoofers and it was a lot louder than mine so I got 2 of them in a sealed enclosure powered by a Image Dynamic Q-series 600/1 amp that ended up sounding worst than my old one. After searching and searching I decided I wanted 2 Sundown SA-8 subwoofers under the seat facing towards the front. I posted this on an audio forum and got a deal on 4 SKAR Audio VVX8 D2 for the price of 3. So I pulled the trigger and got them. Then I went on eBay and got a SKAR Audio SK1500.1 Amp and a 1/0AWG SKAR Audio Amp Kit. After finally getting all of that in I went to the Pro's at Big Daddys and got a Custom Ported sub box for 3 8's.... Here's the results. Easily the loudest system I've heard come form under the seats of a pickup truck. I compete with 15's in some local car shows. Thanks for looking questions feel free to ask.

do you have plans for that build?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8" SKAR Audio Build