Just replaced Stock Speakers Only

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just replaced Stock Speakers Only

2011 SuperCrew XLT. Although I knew I would not have the quality sound others are getting with amps and subs, I decided to swap out the dual cones.
Infinity 6829CF 300W (Peak) 6 x 8 / 5 x 7 -Inch 2-Way Speakers (Pair) $140 Amazon. $25 connectors

Did not want to get into the expense of a sub and amp and I need the space under the back seats.
Put in the Infinity Kappa listed above this morning. Easy install with the info off the site on taking off the door panels.

The results are actually better than I expected. The "clock radio" sound is gone.
Efficiency of the speakers are excellent and makes the stock head unit sound like it has more power. The entire range of sound from highs to lows is much improved.

For the guys that don't want to spend a bunch of money and just want to improve the stock unit. I highly recommend this!

Last edited by Out There; 09-29-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 AM
I replaced the front door speakers with the same ones you have. big improvement over stock, before amp install. Then I replaced the rears added a converter and amp. You can get these speakers for less then $100 if you shop around. Just make sure you secure the built in crossover to something to prevent rattle.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes. The crossovers will rattle and can inter-fear with the window operation.
In the front doors I mounted them with a very strong foil tape on the surface of the door inside just in front of the speaker. You can just look at the door panel to see where there is room. On rear speakers I tie wrapped them to the harness tightly inside the door.
Amazon was $140 for two sets. I am in for the whole project at $165!

Quick Reply: Just replaced Stock Speakers Only