Why are subs on eBay WAY cheaper?? Really??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are subs on eBay WAY cheaper?? Really??

I just bought 2 Rockford fosgate p3sd4-10 for $258.30 with free shipping(the latest version 2012) NEW!! Anywhere else the are $160+ on Rockford website they are $209 ....... I am starting to think I paid to little so that means either scam or something???? Any thoughts?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:30 PM
No scam tons of car audio gear is sold on the "grey market" for way less than retail.

Most products sold online don't have a manufacture warranty either.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
No warranty.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also known as not "factory authorized"

Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 AM
car audio shops are struggling, online means little to no overhead, no rent for shops, very little warranty, most of the time its a 1 person operation, ect.ect

couple that with the fact that the smart companies got from aftermarket car audio into cars from factory as "premium" speaker packages, and it makes it tuff.

then there's retards like a & b sound who want 1800.00 for one jl 10w7

hope your r/f work out for you

Old 03-15-2012, 03:49 AM
No scam tons of car audio gear is sold on the "grey market" for way less than retail.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 AM
saw a few posts about counterfiet speakers being sold on ebay......mostly the higher end stuff... i think your ok..i have purchased alo of equipment from ebay with no regrets..

Trending Topics

Old 03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Yea I've ordered a couple amps from eBay and never had a problem.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Sweet thanks guys !! I'm going to take pics for the whole process.as much as I'm buying right now it should be sick! I'm buying one thing at a time and being patient so it all comes together at the end!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 AM
ive been buying on ebay for 20 years. items are cheaper because there shipped direct and no sales tax. your basically getting it for the price the local store is getting it for. you can see how much the local store marks it up. you can even see how much online stores mark there item up. they will try to tell you there not original name brand items but thats bull. im sure once in a while there copies but not to often. i bought my jl audio subs about a year ago. working great. in fact sometimes the prices on certain items are so cheap compared to online stores its scary. makes you think somethings gotta be wrong, but thats not true. i bought my home yamaha stereo on ebay 10 + years ago, i use it everyday, works perfect. all stores i found with the same model wanted $100.00 + more for it. some of the prices on some items make you think = geez how much are these online, or local, stores really making on this stuff ? i always figure its not how much you pay but what its worth.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by hotrod12345
ive been buying on ebay for 20 years. items are cheaper because there shipped direct and no sales tax. your basically getting it for the price the local store is getting it for. you can see how much the local store marks it up. you can even see how much online stores mark there item up. they will try to tell you there not original name brand items but thats bull. im sure once in a while there copies but not to often. i bought my jl audio subs about a year ago. working great. in fact sometimes the prices on certain items are so cheap compared to online stores its scary. makes you think somethings gotta be wrong, but thats not true. i bought my home yamaha stereo on ebay 10 + years ago, i use it everyday, works perfect. all stores i found with the same model wanted $100.00 + more for it. some of the prices on some items make you think = geez how much are these online, or local, stores really making on this stuff ? i always figure its not how much you pay but what its worth.
There are actually a ton of items on ebay that are fakes. Low price on a nice piece of equipment? Good chance its refurbished or has lower quality internals than the name brand product it represents. Its more expensive to go through an authorized retailer but it is definitely worth it. Bulk your order and talk them down, you can still get a good price and have full warranty coverage and the peace of mind that you have a genuine authentic product. Mobile electronics is one of the markets most affected by cheap, fake knockoffs sold on ebay.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Your Rockfords are genuine. They're just cheaper for the very reasons everyone else above me said. But I will say this, you will like those shallow Rockfords. Just feed them enough power and have a proper enclosure for them, and they will come alive. I know this, I have 2 of them.

Quick Reply: Why are subs on eBay WAY cheaper?? Really??