Polk DB571's, speaker cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issues with my Polk DB571

I have Polk Audio DB571 speakers in my truck (X4) and I am having a few issues with them. They are about 2 years old and one has already crapped out on me. Now my drivers door speaker won't cut in until I turn the volume way up, once it cuts in it I can turn it down and it will work fine. I have no idea what the problem could be, I am getting frustrated with it and I am thinking about moving my drivers rear door speaker to the front and putting the factory back in the driver rear door. Checked the wires and everything seems fine.

Last edited by Fogducker; 12-20-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 AM
TK5
Are you running these with an amplifier or off the deck power?

Old 12-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Just off deck power, to be perfectly honest I know jacksh@t about audio. I was looking to upgrade from the factory speakers which I did not find were any good at all. I found a good deal on these Polks on crutchfield and they seemed a little better than stock but not what I was expecting. I am wondering since I am running these underpowered can it damage the speaker over time? and also what would it take to get the most out of these speakers? I think I have 2 speakers cooked right now but I still have 2 good ones, would it be alright if I just ran a 2 channel amp and put these up front amplified and put my stocks back in the rear? Alot of questions I know but I am in unfamiliar territory.

Last edited by Fogducker; 12-21-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 AM
TK5
Originally Posted by Fogducker
Just off deck power, to be perfectly honest I know jacksh@t about audio. I was looking to upgrade from the factory speakers which I did not find were any good at all. I found a good deal on these Polks on crutchfield and they seemed a little better than stock but not what I was expecting. I am wondering since I am running these underpowered can it damage the speaker over time? and also what would it take to get the most out of these speakers? I think I have 2 speakers cooked right now but I still have 2 good ones, would it be alright if I just ran a 2 channel amp and put these up front amplified and put my stocks back in the rear? Alot of questions I know but I am in unfamiliar territory.
Yes, you can damage your door speakers by under powering them. Put the good ones up front, add a small 2 channel amp, put the stock ones back in the rear and you will be golden.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks TK5

Quick Reply: Polk DB571's, speaker cuts out