Seat Lift. Less than $20. Help SilverX

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Seat Lift. Less than $20. Help SilverX

Just got through raising my rear seats. I do not have a digital picture but here is the low down. I used 6 huricane, 1/8" thick straps. These are structural tie downs used in the construction industry. Here in Hawaii they are required when straping down 4" x 4" beams. The straps are "c" shaped so they act like C channels, I am assuming they are simmilar to those listed for sale by lmi welding. Each c channel cost me $1.50. I used the c channels as is to lift each end of the seat, plust all three rear supports. I also bent up the middle support my self. The total lift of the seat came out to 3.5", a 2x4 is really 3.5" tall. I should be able to fit my two JL10W0s in easily now.
My system will include, 2 JL10W0s run in sieries and pushed by a Kenwood KAC-728s 600w amp (bridged). The highs will be pushed by a Kicker 4 channel X254 amp. The highs include JL VR650-CS up front and JL TR570-CX in the rear. I am going to be using line converters to run the system off of the stock deck, don't want to waste the factory CD changer yet.
Does any one know, SilverX, where I should tap into for the remote wire for the amps. I was thinking that there would be something on the ignition that would be suitable. Does anyone think this system would be suitable for a loud but clean sounding system. I am planning on making a unported box that will meet maufacturer's recomended volume. Should I run 3 JLW0's?
SilverX, do you for see any problems mounting the 6.5" components in the factory location. I have not removed the door panel yet. I know I will have to cut some material from the door panel and possibly need to add a spacer.

Quick Reply: Seat Lift. Less than $20. Help SilverX