About to place my order $1200 system with Factory deck

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to place my order $1200 system with Factory deck

So after much thought, and research here is what I am going to order on Tuesday, and the prices I found. I listen to mostly Country and Reggae music.

This will all be going in my 2010 F150 XLT 5.4 4x4 SCAB

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2 $360 Ebay
This will be the brains of my system since I will be keeping the factory deck. This is a very nice piece of equipment and I recommended it for anyone who wants to keep the factory deck.

Alpine Type-X SPX-13REF (5 1/4) $170-$200 Amazon
Best Component speaker I could find in my price range. They have great reviews. I plan on putting the tweeters in the A-Pillars

Kenwood XR-5S $399 Amazon
This is a 5-Channel amp. It is very small yet puts out RMS 80x4+350x1(2 or 4 ohm)

Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D212 12-Inch $150
I was thinking of going with the Alpine T10, but I don't think I will have enough power with my amp to justify the expense.

I also have some 6.5" RF Coax Speakers in the front right now that I am going to move to the rear. These will be turned down very low and just provide some fill.

Now I am wondering if I should run my front speakers with a active crossover via my 3Sixty.2 and just amp my rear speakers off the factory deck. Thoughts?

I think this combo will give me the best sound with the least amount of space used as anyone with the SCAB knows it is at a premium.

I will be posting pics of my install. Hopefully I get everything in by next weekend. Total cost for everything including box and wires should be around $1200

Quick Reply: About to place my order $1200 system with Factory deck