Alpine Type R or Infinity Kappa 6x8 Coaxials?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine Type R or Infinity Kappa 6x8 Coaxials?

Im looking at replacing my factory speakers with either of the two. I have read good reviews about both. Does anyone have any personal experience with either. I will probably run them off a Alpine headunit but i could always power them off an amp. Let me know about these. Thanks!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If sound quality is of the main importance then go with components and stay away from 6x8. Alpine type r's are very nice and an excellent value for the money spent, I don't know one thing about Infiniti products.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I have the Infinity Kappa's in my Screw. Components in the front and coax's in back. They sound alot better than stock. I also agree to go with the components as mentioned. The front sounds better than the back. Sorry I have no experience with Alpine except for the stock Alpine system in my wifes Lincoln LS, but I'm sure the Type R's are even better and her Lincoln sounds pretty good. And yes, a good amp will make the system so much better.

Tim

Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 AM
I have Alpine Typr R Comp's in the front and Coax's in the rear (both 6.5's) and love them. I would highly suggest to amp them though. They do like power.

I have heard ok things about the infinity's, but have never been a fan.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Either would be a good choice. I have had Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 components and Subs. I had excellent sound quality. I have Infinity 7.1 Surround system in my home. Again great SQ. Nothing wrong with Alpine, I had a LS with factory Alpine that sounded quite good for a stock system.

Separate amps will give you the cleanest sound. But that is not saying that you won't get a good sound straight out of an Alpine deck.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know that they cost quite a bit more, but for great sound I have the Alpine SPX17REF components installed in both the front and rear. They are outstanding. The crossovers are mounted under the front seats. Works like a charm...

Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
You cant get much better then the Kappas, if you get them then your gonna want to get a good amp to power them.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by jdruzik
I know that they cost quite a bit more, but for great sound I have the Alpine SPX17REF components installed in both the front and rear. They are outstanding. The crossovers are mounted under the front seats. Works like a charm...

jdruzik, do you have a manual transfer case?!!??!!?!?

Quick Reply: Alpine Type R or Infinity Kappa 6x8 Coaxials?