DIY Rear Seat lift kit - Page 2 - F150online Forums

DIY Rear Seat lift kit

Old 08-09-2010, 06:56 PM
If anyone wants the steel seat risers, my truck had them installed when i bought it, and have since taken them out to gain headroom in the back. Not sure who made them, but they are black and make it near impossible to notice. It took me two years to figure out why I had less headroom in the back than every other F-150. But, if someone wants them, I'll give you a deal on them.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by huskerKR1 View Post
If anyone wants the steel seat risers, my truck had them installed when i bought it, and have since taken them out to gain headroom in the back. Not sure who made them, but they are black and make it near impossible to notice. It took me two years to figure out why I had less headroom in the back than every other F-150. But, if someone wants them, I'll give you a deal on them.
how much shipped to 80232??

Old 08-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by Sportside4x4 View Post

thanks for the reply jbrew. so wood's the weapon of choice. sounds like you had a major custom application with that setup. Any preference on how to do mine? Just 4 blocks all the same height with the same bolts?
...and damn you have a lot of photos.
I used Microlam,- engineered timber that is made to allow for more support over a greater span, - good stuff, -won't splinter or crack.

Just Two pieces Lag bolted between the top of the frame side rails and seat plate. The bottom bolts that hold the seat frame to the cab were left untouched. Perfectly safe and sturdy and easy to do.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by huskerKR1 View Post
How much to ship to 85283 Tempe, AZ?

Old 10-28-2010, 11:21 PM
How much lift is required to fit most 10" subs (not shallow mounts), and still be able to flip the seat up? And I looked at install pics that involved removing the entire backseat. Is that necessary with the DIY stuff you guys are doing?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Puddin' View Post
How much lift is required to fit most 10" subs (not shallow mounts), and still be able to flip the seat up? And I looked at install pics that involved removing the entire backseat. Is that necessary with the DIY stuff you guys are doing?
i have two JL w3 10s under my backseat and i can still fold the backseat i just have to move the box forward a little once the seat is almost all the way up. i bought the box with the subs in it for $100 on carigslist so idk much about the dimensions but i know i lucked out

Old 12-05-2013, 10:42 PM
wooden blocks as lifts

Originally Posted by kylek74 View Post
That's a pretty nice box, but does your back seat Have the brace on the right or left? That's usually what the knotch in the box is for, to fit around the bracing. So you might not be able to flip the box over.
can you take a picture of how the wooden blocks look on your lift for your rear back seat speakers, i was thinking about getting that but i dont know what it looks like

Old 12-05-2013, 11:03 PM
seat lift

Originally Posted by 07xltf150 View Post
got 2 yes 2 12 inch kickers and made my own lift, still haveroom for kick *** interior blue leds at the seat line
you have a picture of how the seat lift looks, the blocks u have used to lift the seat, i have 2 12s they stick out to far, im looking to lift my seat

Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
I used wooden blocks, and had no problems putting them in or taking them out. Whats the big deal about using them? I never really thought there could be a problem. I didnt spend a penny and got almost 1.5 extra inches of room.
If you don't mind me asking, can you give me the dimensions of the blocks that you used? I'm in a situation where I bought (2) Kicker 12's to replace my (2) Kicker 10's snd I can't find an unloaded box with enough airspace that will fit in my truck... ; (

Any advice, pictures, etc. that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
James

Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Blocks for seat lift...Pics?

Hi,Does anyone have any specs and/or pics of their seat lifts? I need to do the same thing and I want to do it the same way as has worked for everyone else.
Any information that you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
James

Old 10-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Can you help me

I used wooden blocks, and had no problems putting them in or taking them out. Whats the big deal about using them? I never really thought there could be a problem. I didnt spend a penny and got almost 1.5 extra inches of room.
Hey man is there ANYWAY you could tell me how you did it?! Pictures maybe,? I've been trying to solve this problem and would love your help