Now all i need are speakers! :D (And maybe a sub)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now all i need are speakers! :D (And maybe a sub)

I have a 2006 F-150 supercab with the basic audio system in it. As soon as my head unit took a dive I replaced it with a Pioneer DEH-5100UB

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P510...B.html?tp=5684

That was several months ago, and left me wanting more.

So today, I picked up a Zapco AG360 off of CL for 100 bucks! I haven’t been able to find much info on this amp. But I've always wanted a Zapco, and this was right up my alley pricewise after much haggling

Here’s a pic, I know this isn’t the forum for it, but if anyone happens to know anything about this model other than the standard specs (which I already have), id love to hear your opinion.

I need to design a system around this head unit and amp. I was thinking some nice 6.5" components up front. And some 50-ish dollar 6x8's in the rear for fill. Id run all four off of the amp. I can’t decide whether i should be looking for 4 or 2 ohm speakers though.. I’m thinking 2 ohm for the front to get a little more out of it. If I go this rout, id eventually try to scrounge up enough for another amp and get a single SI BM MkIII in the rear. If I don’t feel I have enough bass already… But that would be later down the road.

I’m also thinking about going with some nice components up front and bridging the rear two channels to an 8-10" sub or something like that.

I listen to mostly folk, folk rock, punk, and a little bit of techno. I don’t really like a lot of bass in my music. I like to feel the techno a bit, but it doesn’t sound good in anything else I listen too. I’m going for an SQ set up.

So with that in mind, whatcha think?

Last edited by Script; 03-30-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
This is kind of off subject but what is folk rock?

Old 03-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Here's your owner's manual for the Zapco: http://www.zapco.com/prod/pdf/ag360.pdf

If you are staying with the single amp, I'd power the components and bridge the rear to a 10" sub. What is your price range?

Note: your amp will distort significantly (200%) more running 2 ohms per channel.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by BigPink
This is kind of off subject but what is folk rock?

As soon as Dylan started useing electric insturments folk rock was born. Anyone singing folk with something electric backing it is folk rock. Oddly enough, most modern folk artists are going back to acoustic

GATORB8,

If im just buying components for the front and a sub. My total price range would probably be about $200-300. Im just a little worried about rear fill, if i leave my current speakers in the back wont it make the whole system sound like guarnbage? Or would i just disconect them all together? If i go with a sub, i want it to fut under my rear drivers side seat with no lift. So i think a shallow sub is my only choice right?

The amp specs are as follows:

Stereo, 4 ohms: 4x50 Watts
Stereo, 2 ohms: 4x90 Watts
Bridged Mono, 2 ohms: 170 Watts
T.H.D. + Noise: <0.032% @ 4 ohms
S/N Ratio: >95dB
Slew Rate: >23V/uS
Damping Factor: >160@ 4 ohms

Looking for opinions on, RAINBOW SLC 265's in the front @ 4ohms. Stock in the rear, powered by head unit. And an Arc audio KS10, mounted in an ebay box.

Last edited by Script; 03-30-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Added something.

Quick Reply: Now all i need are speakers! :D (And maybe a sub)